Chapter 14: Embracing Memories

In the quiet solitude of their home, Eleanora and Tommy found a moment to sit together. The weight of the day's revelations lingered, and Eleanora sensed the need for a heartfelt conversation to help Tommy navigate the depth of his emotions.

"Tommy," Eleanora began, her voice soft and reassuring, "I know today has been overwhelming for you. I want you to know that it's okay to feel sad, confused, and even angry. Your emotions are valid, and I'm here to listen."

Tommy, looking down at his hands, nodded silently, a mixture of emotions playing across his face.

Eleanora continued, "I can see that remembering your mommy brought up a lot of feelings. If you want to talk about her, share memories, or even if you just need to cry, I'm here for you."

Tommy, hesitant at first, started to open up. He spoke about the moments he could recall—his mother's smile, the sound of her laughter, and the warmth of her hugs. As he shared, tears welled up in his eyes, and Eleanora gently placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay to miss her, Tommy," she said, her voice a soothing presence. "Even though she's not with us physically, the love she had for you is still here. It lives in the memories you hold in the moments you shared together."

Tommy, vulnerable yet brave, looked into Eleanora's eyes. "Why did she have to go away?"

Eleanora took a deep breath, choosing her words carefully. "Sometimes, people leave us, not because they want to, but because things happen that are beyond our control. Your mommy loved you very much, and I believe she would want you to remember the love you shared rather than the sadness of her leaving."

She continued, "It's okay to grieve, Tommy. It's okay to feel all these emotions. But I want you to know that you're not alone. We'll go through this journey together, and I'll be here to support you every step of the way."

As Tommy cried, Eleanora held him close, providing a safe space for him to release the pent-up emotions that had resurfaced.