-Soulbound-

"Thanks for watching Episode One."

"Coming up on LIFE..."

Unknown

Fire and smoke fill the sky. How could they do this? We worked so... so hard. We spent almost a year building it. The animals. The house. The home. How could they burn it? We have been nothing but nice. We have sheltered them and welcomed them into our lives as friends. 

How could they?

I feel the gentle hand of my lover on my shoulders. He holds me back as tears stream down my face and I try to run towards the figures on the hill. Their silhouettes are stark against the roaring orange flames and I can almost see the grin on his face. A crack sounds from above as another beam falls. Friends surround us, trying desperately to dump their buckets of water and quench the flames, but it is no use. The flames are bright and deadly. I hear screams of pain as friends are burnt, yet all I can handle is feeling the sobs of my love. He envelops me in his embrace and we collapse to the ground.

Unknown

I can hear nothing but my breath as I scramble my way through the dark cave. The stone bricks are rough against my palms. I can hear it's breathing. It's thumping footsteps. A pebble drops to the ground and I freeze as it clatters. My heartbeat quickens as I hear the shriek of the tentacles. Its piercing frequency is almost too much for my ears to bear. Its sound echoes through the cavernous city and a wave of blue light washes over me as the signal is transmitted from monster to monster, their tentacles waving like seaweed. 

I hold my breath, tears beginning to slip down my cheeks. I dare not move. For if I do... it will find me. The thundering footsteps are already closing in and I can almost feel the breath on my neck. The breath, that stinks of death.

Unknown

The sword glimmers in my hand. The craftsmanship is impeccable. I thought he was joking, I didn't think that he would spend his time doing it. The engraving on the hilt is what surprises me the most and I reread it just to be sure.

"Don't Die ♡" 

I look up at him, my mouth agape. His cheeks are bright red and he kneels in front of me, his forehead practically on the ground. My eyes widen.

"Please." He whispers. "I do like you. No matter what you look like. You are beautiful to me." 

I kneel in front of him, with the sword laid to the side. It takes all of my strength to hold back the tears that threaten to spill. I raise my hand to his face. My infected hand. The hand that most flinch away from. He, instead, presses his cheek into it, his wide eyes raising to meet my own. 

If he is willing to do all of this, just to apologize for the things he said. How can I say no? I loved him then. I don't believe I ever stopped loving him. Now I can forgive, and love him again.

"I love you."

Unknown

"I NEVER ASKED TO BE PART OF THIS STUPID GAME" I scream to the sky, my hands ripping into my hair. "YOU PUT ME HERE TO KEEP ME AWAY, BUT I NEVER FORGOT WHAT YOU DID TO ME. YOU WERE MY BEST FR-- mph"

"Shh!" The hand presses into my face, I can barely breathe. "You can't let them know! If they know you may as well be dead already." I know who it is, but I can scarcely believe it's him. How would he know anything? How is he stronger than me? He wouldn't hurt a mouse. What else don't I know?

"Thanks for tuning in."

"See you next week."