Season 2 Episode 2: A House Divided

(A/U: The outfit on top is Winona's and the outfit on the bottom is Sequoia's with the Craddleboard

(A/U: The outfit on top is Winona's and the outfit on the bottom is Sequoia's with the Craddleboard.)

SHED/TRUCK

THIRD POV

Walkers pound on the cigarette truck that Pete and Clementine are hiding in. "Well, they shouldn't be able to get through that. On the downside, we can't get through them." Pete spoke up. Clementine and Pete sits down, and he holds his injured right leg. "What're you lookin' at? Starin' ain't polite. Come on out and say it." Pete said. "How are you feeling?" Clementine asks. "Well, other than this bite, I'm just peachy." Pete said sarcastically. "(looking at hacksaw) Hand me that there." Pete said. "Cutting it off won't work." Clementine said. "Says who?" Pete asks. "I knew someone who tried it." Clementine said. "Just because it didn't work once don't mean it can't work at all." Pete said.

"Are you sure?" Clem asks. "I got nothin' to lose. Other than my piggly-wigglies, of course." Pete said as Clementine hands Pete the saw. Pete places the saw over his leg and grits his teeth. He can't bring himself to do it and throws the saw to the floor. "I'd bleed out like a stuck pig. What are you gonna do, carry me outta here on your back? Hell. Just...just give me a minute." Pete said. "Try to get some rest. There's a lot of stuff in here. We'll try to find something to help." Clem said. Clementine looks at the doors. "Aww, Nick. That stupid kid..." Pete said. "Not much. Here. (gives water bottle)" Clementine said. "Thanks. (drinks water)" Pete said. "I'll keep looking around." Clem said.

"The keys are still in it." Clem said. "Well. Worth a shot." Pete replied. Clementine tries to turn on the car. "Outta gas." Pete said. The sign says:
DANGER
CRUSH HAZARD
KEEP CLEAR OF LOADING AREA WHEN BOOM IS IN OPERATION.
START AND OPERATE BOOM CRANE FROM OPERATORS SEAT ONLY.
DO NOT PLACE ANY LOOSE OBJECTS INSIDE CAB AREA.

The wires are severed. Clementine searches the box. "What's in there? Anything we can use?" Pete asked. Clementine takes out a pack of cigarettes and shows it to Pete. "Gimme one of those. Probably tastes like pine tar by now. But I'd smoke a dead coon's tail if you had one. Hand it here." Pete said. "(gives pack) Will you show me how to do it?" Clem asks. "Hell no." Pete said. "Why not?" Clem asks. "Ellen Breslin, San Bernadino boardin' school, June '63. One pack and I was hooked. Ah, that broad. Couldn't kiss worth a damn." Pete said.

"Got a light?" Pete asks. Pete takes out a cigarette and Clementine lights it for him. "Well, that tastes about as bad as it smells." Pete said. "Now What?" Clem asks. "We wait." Pete said. Clementine sits down. They wakes up at nightfall. Pete is hunched on the floor, groaning. Clementine gets up and can optionally grab the hacksaw, approaching him. "Pete? Don't be dead. Please." Clementine said and she pokes Pete with the hacksaw.

Pete coughs and sits up. "Damn it. I feel like ten pounds of shit in a five pound sack. Jesus. Stuck in this can the whole damn day. You want to hear somethin' funny? I've been thinkin', and I don't want to die. Never thought I'd be the kinda idiot to say somethin' like that. But there it is. I'm scared, Clementine. Jesus, I'm scared." Pete said. "What does it feel like?" Clem asks. "It feels like... like a rope is wrapped around my neck, gettin' tighter every second. It feels like I can't... can't breathe." Pete explained.