Chapter Three- Smoothies and Babes

"Alissa, sometimes I wish my brother would listen to you more," Cody comments as we watch Zack buy smoothies for a group of girls.

I am about to respond when Zack walks over to us holding a smoothie in his hand, "I got you a strawberry, mango, and banana smoothie Alissa." he says.

"As much as I love the thought of you buying me this, I hope you realize that the student cash cards are for necessities like food, textbooks, and anything else you might need

"As much as I love the thought of you buying me this, I hope you realize that the student cash cards are for necessities like food, textbooks, and anything else you might need."

"Those ladies and pampering you are a necessity!" he says.

I smile and my whole face burns bright pink and he actually notices which makes me feel even worse. I walk away in embarrassment with my smoothie in hand.

"Alissa, come back please," Cody calls.

"Why won't she hang with me anymore like we used to?" I hear Zack ask as I stand by the side of the boat looking out to sea.

Cody ignores him and says, "Don't be coming to me for my card or asking Alissa for hers." 

"Relax, I won't," he says.

"Good."

"So tell me what's wrong with Alissa."

"Zack, if you don't know after all this time then I don't know what to say," Cody replies.

"Dude, c'mon what's that supposed to mean?!" Zack whines.

"I'm going to find Bailey and you should go talk to Alissa for yourself and see."

I hear footsteps behind me and I turn when I see  Zack, he looks at me for a few minutes before saying, "How's your smoothie?"

"It's really good," I say.

"I was sorta hoping you would," he replies looking at the ocean.

"You know my mom used to make me strawberry, mango, and banana smoothies all the time." 

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's so sweet that you got me one. But how'd you know?"

"I don't know. Lucky guess? You seemed like a strawberry, mango, and banana kind of girl." 

I finish my smoothie then set it on a nearby table before walking back over to my best friend, and surprise us both when I hug him.

"Thank you, Zack, that meant a lot to me!" 

When we let go he looks so cute when he doesn't have words for a few minutes. Finally, he manages to say, "I...uh...do you want to try chocolate-covered lobster?"

I burst out laughing and he looks so confused. 

"Alissa, what's so funny?" 

"I don't know I just can't picture such a thing in mind. It sounds like something a pregnant woman would eat!"

"Yeah, it kinda does." he agrees and his smirky smile comes back as we laugh.

When we get ourselves together we try the lobster and both of us end up puking together, in the boy's bathroom. 

"Zack," I moan.

"Yeah?" he asks miserably.

"That was the worst idea you've ever had I can't believe I let you buy that."

"I can't believe you actually ate it," he says almost laughing but ends up running to the toilet again. 

I puke after him and then we come out of the bathroom together and walk back to his cabin. 

"I'm gonna go change clothes and brush my teeth maybe shower," I say. 

"Cool. Maybe since Woody just moved in with me and he's not here right now wanna come hang later?" 

"As long as we aren't eating that lobster again," I say with a laugh.

"Agreed." 

While changing I hear the door open to the room and hear someone set something down on the desk, I walk out and find a beautiful bouquet of flowers. With a note that says 'from your best friend who's sorry about the crappy snack that made us both sick'. 

I step out of the bathroom and am about to leave for Zack's room when he jumps out of my closet. 

"Omg, Zack! You scared me half to death!"

"Reminds you of zombie mom doesn't it?" he jokes smirking at me.

"Yeah, but I wasn't the one sleepwalking and checking under the bed for zombies. I didn't barricade the hotel either."

For once Zack's face is a little pink and not mine, he then says, "Ali, I kinda have something to give you and it's good for you but bad for me and Cody."

"What did you do?"

He hands me an Abbey Dawn hoodie that I had been eyeing for a while online at Hot Topic and a whole box of Hot Topic merchandise.

"Zack, this was unnecessary! How did you pay for all this?!"

"Well...the thing is I kind of maxed out my card so then I used Cody's." 

Even though I was mad at him I throw my arms around him and say, "Zack, this is the stupidest thing you've ever done. But I love it so much!"

"Cody and I, are now working on the ship. I work at the smoothie bar, and Cody is a towel boy."

I just laugh and say, "Of course you are." 

In this moment all I wanted to do was kiss Zack Martin so badly but I couldn't because he doesn't feel the same way.