Chapter Eight- Zack's Confusion

Zack POV

For two weeks Alissa has ignored me and done good in school, she turned into a nerd like my brother and Bailey. I wouldn't care if she got good grades if she hung out or talked to me like she used to. 

It hurt me more than I thought it would to not have her around. 

"Zack, are you feeling okay lately?" my brother asks me.

"Do I seem different?" I ask trying to downplay my feelings.

"Yeah, you do and I think I know why." 

"I doubt it."

"You miss Alissa because you like her more than your best friend. And you didn't realize it until she stopped paying attention to you. Am I right?"

"I don't even know what I feel for her. I never have." I say.

"You like her Zack, I could tell."

"How long have you known before I knew?"

"Since we first met her, sure you wanted to marry Maddie but a part of you liked Alissa and didn't understand it. You still don't understand it to some extent."

"Okay, fine Cody, I do really, really, like her. But I never realized she liked me, I never noticed her as a girl because she was such a guy for so long. But when I saw her again with makeup,  new clothes, and boobs I felt so different in front of her."

"I saw how different you've been around her, and I think you should..."

"You want me to talk to her, don't you? She won't listen to me she doesn't care about me she never has."

"Zack, I don't intend for this to sound mean but you're hopeless at this. I will talk to Alissa and have her explain it to you herself if she's willing to do so."

"I'm not mad," I say.

Cody shrugs and leaves my room.