Chapter Five- Maddie On Deck

I was dreading today but looking forward to it at the same time because Maddie was coming to visit on the ship. I dress in the brightest clothes I own and make myself as noticeable as possible knowing that Zack, wouldn't see me with Maddie here.

I get out to the sky deck just in time to see Maddie walk up to everyone and Zack hugs her, "Wow, Zack, you bathe now and everything. Aftershave and cologne I'm impressed."

"So I can finally be your boyfriend?" he asks hopefully.

"No, I'm sorry Zack. Where's Alissa?"

"Hi, I'm Bailey," Bailey says pushing herself forward.

"It's great to meet you. Cody, no sweater vest?"

"Nope, that was the old Cody! This the new cool Cody," he says smiling proudly.

"There you are Alissa, I wondered where you went to!" she says coming over to the smoothie bar.

"I figured I'd let Zack see you and get excited without me in the way."

"You know don't be so hard on yourself from your last email it really seems like he may have some feelings for you."

"If he had feelings for me he'd tell me. Zack isn't shy around girls trust me he's not."

"You could be a special case then he may not know how to tell you," she says kindly.

"Maybe," I say.

"Hey, Ali, you're pretty colorful today. More colors than usual today!" Zack says.

"I was hoping you'd notice," I say.

Before I can say anything more, a random guy in a weird suit comes up and says, " Here ye, here ye, I have a message from the Prince of Leichten Stamp. I am here to announce that His Royal Highness spotted you from his tower and was taken with your beauty." 

"Excuse me?" Maddie asks.

"Great see you at 8 pm sharp! You can bring your friends."

A little while later Zack has to try and win Maddie back from the Prince with a bouncy ball fight, and the winner gets to have Maddie. Whatever that meant.

The next thing I know Zack had won and the prize must have been kissing her because they were kissing. Maddie and Zack were kissing.

I had even put a dress on to come to this stupid thing and tried to be more of a girl this time but it was all a complete waste.

I start to cry and Bailey tries to say something but I leave abruptly with Cody and Bailey chasing after me.