Chapter 1: First day

The silence was music to the ears of the people sitting in the Ferrari, on the way to J High. In the backseats, Crystal was scrolling her phone whilst often sneaking glances at her bodyguard and soon-to-be student of the school - Raphael Castellan. The eighteen year old male wore a simple uniform that somehow slightly outlined his abdominals giving off elegant yet sophisticated vibes, simply eye candy to everyone; he drove peacefully, ignorant to the short glances people gave him on the streets and some rude people taking quick pictures of him. However, a certain male also sitting at the backseat of the car decided to interrupt his train of focus.

"Raphael, make sure you do your job well or else I might have to punish you," said Gun.

Raphael nodded with a slight twitch in his left eye from his words. It's not like I have a choice.
He smiled bitterly.
.
.
Soon, the car stopped at the entrance of J High. Raphael got out of his seat and opened the door of the car for Crystal to get out, earning a few gazes. (Crystal is in her shorter form.)

"You're in the fashion department while I'm in the practical music department. The chairman must've told you that we have to avoid suspicions since it would be weird that we have a close relationship."

Crystal nodded, slightly frowning, disliking the far distance between their classrooms. Raphael mistook it for uneasiness and nervousness, so he softly patted her head.

"No worries, I'm sure you'll do fine. But if someone offends or causes discomfort to you, you must tell me first."
"...Ray, thanks."
He smiled in response, unaware of what Crystal was thinking. I don't need any friends here as long as I have Ray. - Crystal
.
.
.
Raphael's POV
the moment i stepped into the classroom after the teacher called, everyone stared at me wide-eyed. I just don't understand why everyone does that. Even the people on the streets.

"Hello, my name is Raphael Castellan. From now on, I will be in your care." I flashed my modest and business-like smile and gained approving glances by the students. Everyone was decent-looking. The teacher allowed me to sit anywhere I wanted, so I chose to sit at the back near the windows. The desk smelled of cigarettes, but was abandoned - indeed, I must clean it during break time. Whilst I was thinking of random insignificant thoughts and writing notes at an incredible speed (which I take pride in), the school bell rung and all the students dashed through the door.

Suddenly, I heard loud banging noises and the familiar scent reached my nose. Blood. Following my senses, I reached the fashion department to see a crowd of students crowding two boys. I glanced over, unable to find Crystal. Just before I could call out her name, a group of curious girls started crowding me, momentarily taking the attention of the bigger crowd and the boys.

"Wow, you're handsome!"

"Which dept are you from?"

"Can I get your number?"

"He's cute and tall! He's also brunette!" One squealed.

"I want himmmmmm! I just turned gay but who cares?"

"Ain't no way you're taking him, you're way out of his league!"

Just as I was about to head out to find Crystal, a girl came up to me.
"Who are you? Do you need anything?" The girl had brown hair and I can assume she's dating one of the boys who was involved in the fight because he was staring daggers at me.

I smiled and tried my best not to look down at her because of our huge height difference. "My name is Raphael and I come from the practical music dept. I would like to know where Crystal Choi is."

Everyone gasped in surprise.

"If you're talking about that fatty, she's probably in the cafeteria," some girl said.

Upon hearing her call Crystal a fatty, I stared at her face, memorising her facial structures. Later, I'm going to check her identity to see if she's a danger to Crystal. (Little did he know his stare looked attractive and sexy to everyone in the class.) After thanking them, I walked out only to be stopped again, but by the other boy who was part of the fight.

"H-hi, I'm Daniel Park. A-are you friends with Crystal?" The boy smiled nervously and I could smell his sweat. Curse myself for having such sharp senses! I then smiled, "yes. We've known each other for quite a while."

We arrived at the cafeteria and I could hear bustling noises. At the corner of my eye, I saw Crystal sitting uncomfortably with a few girls pestering her and placing a sick amount of fish on her plate. Daniel was about to do something but I stopped him, giving a shake of my head indicating him to not meddle in this and went straight to her.

"Crystal, would you like to sit with me?"

I smiled handsomely whilst ignoring the girls who squealed.

Crystal blinked. And then she sprung up in eagerness.

"Of course!"

I brought Crystal to an empty table and ate with her, ignoring the obvious glances of Daniel and others.
"Give me some of that fish. I know you hate them."

Crystal's POV

"Give me some of that fish. I know you hate them."

That phrase, for some reason made my heart flutter and I could feel a blush creeping up my face. Raphael is always so nice and gentlemanly...he is the only handsome boy who never takes advantage of other pretty girls and my other body. I just hope dad would stop giving him dangerous missions, and there's no way he would like me back.
Before I got back to my senses, Ray was already placing the fish on his plate .

"You don't have to..." as expected, he ignored my words and ate them, smiling charmingly at me. I then felt something. A sense of possessiveness was taking over.
That smile is mine...