Chapter 3: Festival prep

For the past few weeks, Raphael got to know the other executives of the affiliates. So far, the only affiliate that got his interest was Club Vivi. He had grown an interest in their drugs (of course for his hobby in creating fighting techniques).
.
.
.
Raphael checked his watch.

[11:59 p.m.]

It was time.

He stepped out of his private car, wearing a neat suit and black gloves with a black badge and a mask that only covered his eyes. He had many names outside the world, but the name he goes by in the club was 'Jun'. The name is suitable for him; he is talented and handsome, approved by Vivi herself.

Holding a suitcase with the foul scent of cash, Jun headed inside the club. After he threw a few cash on the counter, he greeted a few members and went to the furthest room. Inside, he was greeted by the rich aroma of medicinal drugs, herbs, and questionable liquids contained in beakers.

[Ai image generated]

Jun wore his goggles and prepared to do high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) to separate the mixtures in the compounds. Whilst focusing on his work, he did not notice a figure's footsteps nearing him.

Suddenly, a woman's arms hugged his waist, closing the distance between them.

Jun slowly placed the beakers down and turned around, only to see a light-brown haired girl giggling.

"Junnyyy you came...!"

Her eyes were blank.

"...Vivi, I'll go get you some medicine to sober up."

"No...listen to me first...when will you take off your mask? Every night I have dreams of seeing your handsome face and hearing your soothing voice...touching that godly figure of yours..."

Vivi clung onto his arm like her life depended on it, inhaling his fresh, jasmine scent. Wanting to smell more, she tiptoed and bit Jun's neck, leaving a bite mark and his collar slightly disheveled.

"You taste ten times better than the drugs-"

Raphael gently pushed Vivi away and forced a spoonful of bitter medicine down her throat. Carrying her towards the door, he met Xiaolung and placed her in his arms. After that, he handed him a prescription.

"If anything goes out of control, use the medicine written on it."

Xiaolung said nothing, but his eyes were staring at Jun's eyes.

"Vivi will be heartbroken if you don't stay with her."

Jun knew the word 'stay' wasn't quite right. Instead, Xiaolung meant that he wanted him to date Vivi and take care of her.

"You don't know my true identity..."

"I don't care who you are, but I'm sure I have the power to get rid of you if you hurt her."

With that said, Xiaolung left whilst carrying Vivi.
.
.
.
[next day]

Raphael still went to school with Crystal in the morning.

[timeskip]

The lunch bell rung, and all the students dashed towards the cafeteria and grabbed seats.

Raphael's POV

Crystal Choi

Crystal, I need to do something during
lunch time. If anyone bothers you,
please contact me ASAP.

okie :)

I headed to the music room and spotted the grand piano inside. I had borrowed the room for the entire lunch time just so I could practice for the upcoming festival.

[the best part is near 4:00]

The moment I finished playing, a round of applause was heard from outside the room. There, stood a whole group of unknown students. Amongst them, the only one I recognised was the boy from the fashion dept. Daniel Park? At the corner of my eye, I saw a shorter boy holding a phone with the camera on. I didn't care if he filmed me, but I knew he stirred trouble; his face and eyes...aaah...he is the type who evades responsibility and only wants to gain attention by sticking to others. I know this type of person too well. Just as the crowd dispersed, Daniel and his other blonde friend came towards me.

"Your playing was so good."

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Oh, and meet my best friend, Jay," he pointed at the blonde and pointed at the shorter male with the punch-able face. "This guy is Jiho."

"Would you like to hang out with us more often? I mean, Crystal can join us too."

I nodded. "I'll ask her first. By the way, why and how did you come here?"

Daniel scratched his neck. "I actually..."

Suddenly, the bell rung, indicating the time to go back to classes. The door once again opened and a bunch of students dashed out, some accidentally hitting Daniel into falling on top of Raphael. Poor Jay and Jiho were carried away by the crowd, leaving Daniel and his face only inches close to Raphael's on the ground. 

Silence engulfed the music room. Daniel's blush went up to ears, not realising Raphael's discomfort.

"...can you please stand up?"

He didn't have the heart to tell him that he was heavy.

Daniel immediately stood up and dashed through the door, shouting an apology. 

"..."

"well that was something."

Raphael was no stranger to the feeling of others avoiding him for his size or trying to touch him, only to turn the other way if he needed help. He was not sure whether to laugh or cry that someone could react so dramatically simply by falling into him, even if it was Daniel who he knew was very touchy about physical touch. It had to be embarrassing, and he wondered if it was because Daniel liked him or there was just some other reason that he was so flustered.

Daniel's POV

I ran to the washroom and locked myself in a stall, face flushed and my lips partly opened the whole time with drool leaking down. Damn, I must've looked like an alcoholic. Raphael probably saw me as a fool too. But for some reason, I remembered so vividly that my mind was ringing as I felt my lips wanting to touch his, to feel his plump lips and the hidden beauty inside his clear, diamond eyes. 

God, what is wrong with me.

I ran down the corridor after what felt like hours of internal squealing, and returned to class like nothing was wrong. Fortunately, the teacher was absent.

.

.

.

The following week, everyone was preparing for the festival.