Chapter 2: Work

The day finished quite fast and I went to pick Crystal up. Just as I spotted her near the gates, I also saw a purple-haired boy sitting on a bench, staring intently at his laptop. After telling Crystal to wait in the car, I quickly bought a carton of chocolate milk and ran up to the boy.

"Hey, if you're trying to hack into the school CCTV cameras, I suggest using a different method," I said whilst handing the milk to him.

Surprisingly, the boy stared at me with arrogant eyes. "Oh? What do you suggest?" He asked with a challenging tone but still accepting the milk. I could see his eyes staring me up and down, perhaps calculating how much I'm worth. Well, I look decent with average prices so i probably look like just a millionaire.

"Press this, then that, and then this..." I helped the boy successfully hack inside. As a pro hacker myself, I was confident in my skills.

"Come to think of it, what's your name?"

The boy seemed to grow some trust. "Name's Kouji."

I smiled. "Mines is Raphael. My hacker name is Raph."

The boy's eyes widened in shock but Crystal already called me over, so I ran back, not noticing the slight tint of blush on Kouji's face. (Poor boy couldn't get the famous hacker's autograph.)
.
.
.
"What were you doing earlier?" Asked Crystal.

"I was chatting with a boy."

Raphael's short answer agitated Crystal. She wanted to know everything that he went through in school, but didn't bother to ask as he focused on the road whilst driving.

"Do you know his name?"

"Yes."

Aren't you going to tell me? Was what she thought but unlike other days, Raphael seemed quiet and very reserved today.
The Ferrari parked outside the HNH building and the moment Crystal got outside, the car left and went to work.

I don't want to work. Raphael sighed, thinking back to the dirty germs that resided in the blood of very suspicious places near the main 'Workers' building. But who was he to choose where he wanted to work? Charles simply sent him there to assist Eugene in work. But why, oh why, does he HAVE TO BE THAT CHAIRMAN'S SECRETARY?

Raphael's train of thoughts stopped the moment the car arrived near the building. As expected, the building looked attractive to the outside, but that hardly changes his opinion to what the affiliates and workers really do. Slowly, he left and wore a simple suit with his hair combed backwards giving off a mysterious charm unknown to himself. As he walked down the corridor, a few workers shamelessly looked at him but managed to stay quiet - however, in a few days time their will be lots of rumours about him.

Knock knock. The moment a voice let him in, Raphael entered and closed the door.

"Sir, I'm sure you must've been aware of my arrival?"

Slowly, the man who's back was facing him turned and there, a neat-looking face with glasses was looking back with half-lidded eyes and a small smile.

"Of course. Also, please just call me Eugene. It's not like it's the first time we just met."

Raphael bowed to hide his disgusted face.

As directed by Mandeok's hands, Raphael silently sat on the couch now opposite to Eugene who sat on a singular sofa with a table separating their seats.

Eugene's POV
The moment he sat down, I could see his face glowing and the warmth emitting from his smile (which could be genuine or not genuine). I want to touch those plump red lips of his and maybe feel it. I want to trace those godly eyes down to his perfect nose whilst feeling that soft smooth skin of his. From two years ago, the first time I met him in that helicopter was the moment I knew I had to have him. I could not forget those hawk eyes mismatched with his golden-brown hair that slightly covered the blood trickling down his face. Oh, such ethereal beauty unbecoming of a teen.

Raphael Castellan was mine from the moment we met two years ago, and he always will be.
.
.
"So, I was told by Mr Choi that you would become my secretary."

"Yes, sir."

"Here." Eugene handed a few piles of papers filled with data, numbers, and essays. "You come from the Castellan family, so I'm sure you must be familiar with these."

Raphael was aware that Eugene had already investigated his background, but he still hated how he reminded him about his family's existence. Surely, they must be enjoying their blooming business and wealth right after he was sold through a stupid contract.

Raphael's train of thoughts stopped when Mandeok flung a fist at his face. Fortunately, he dodged it with speed and reciprocated it back at him. This time, Mandeok got smashed onto the wall, causing slight cracks.

Realising what he just did and the purpose of this fight, Raphael stood and bowed 90 degrees. "I deeply apologise. I was unable to recognise this situation and reacted out of instinct."

Eugene's smile widened, causing him to shift on his spot.

"It's fine, and I must say, I was pleased and proud that my new secretary had such incredibly fighting skills."

The tone he chose sounded light, but Raphael could already detect that there was something fishy about his smile. Ignoring it, he went over to Mandeok and helped him up, apologising in fluent English that sounded native. That surprised Mandeok.
He turned around to speak to Eugene. "Sir, shall I bring Mandeok to find assistance, or will there be workers coming in to handle this situation?"

"No, leave him here. I already contacted some workers to come."

Just at that moment, a group of workers with gold + symbol badges walked in, supporting Mandeok's body and sending him to an infirmary. Some stayed to fix the broken wall. Raphael thanked them and returned to his seat.

"Sir, if possible, I would like to start work now."
.
.
.
The moment Raphael sat down in his desk, dozens of eyes went straight at him and some were even gawking at him. Ignoring them, he began to work, typing on his keyboard with insane speed and his eyes never leaving the screen. His modern-style glasses only added to his charm. What they didn't know was that he could multitask and so whilst doing work, he was designing different fighting techniques with his huge knowledge about them.

"I didn't know he had a secretary."

Trying not to act surprised, Raphael slowly turned his head upwards to see a male with glasses and tattoos leaking out of his shirt. What looked unsightly was how his shirt seemed to be too tight that his muscles could be completely shown. Being a perfectionist himself, Raphael did his best not to cringe at the sight and focus on the present. He recognised the black badge.

"Mr Seo, it is my pleasure to meet you. As you may have figured out by now, I just got recently hired as Mr Eugene's secretary."

"...what's your name?"

"Raphael."

Samuel Seo smiled unpleasantly.

"From now on, I'll call you Raph."

"...It'd be my pleasure."