welcome

So what can I say, ah! I know I'm Nathaniel, and I have a super cool family - a little brother Kevin, my parents George and Judy, and my grandma Katherine. Now that you know us, let me begin.

My adventure takes place in 1990 when I lived with my parents in Minnesota. If I remember correctly, I was 8 years old at that time. I liked to play catch with my friend Andy, who was also my cousin, and I loved books. My preferred ones were Les Misérables by Victor Hugo and En Famille by Hector Malot. Yes, I'm an old-school reader. It was Saturday that my alarm was ringing subconsciously. When I saw the time, 8:30, I jumped on my bed, thinking that I was very late for school.

Nathaniel: "Damn, I'm super late! Where are my pants? I need to hurry."

Looking for my jeans, I grabbed them quickly, put them on, and rushed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. I remarked that it had grown longer than yesterday, but I wasn't panicked.

Nathaniel: "I need to cut that after school."

After I finished, I ran downstairs to eat my breakfast when Dad appeared, looking at me with confusion as I was eating like a pig.

George: "Where are you going?"
Nathaniel: "School, what kind of question is this?"

George, knowing his son, smiled, waiting for him to go out of the house.

George: "3, 2, 1, and..."

The door opened.

Nathaniel: "Why didn't you tell me it's Saturday today?"

George: "Because it makes you learn that the choices you make have consequences. We're not always there; that's the difference between an adult and a child."

Nathaniel: "Huh, I don't understand."

George, with a smile, said that he would explain later.

After some minutes, his mom appeared with his little brother, who was running everywhere.

Judy: "This kiddo is so energetic; it took me 20 minutes to dress him up (exhales in exasperation)."

George: "Rest?"

Judy: "No thanks, it's too soon for that. Just a tea is enough. Oh, by the way, hello."

After breakfast, his mom prepared for a little sports session, as for his dad, he would work.

Nathaniel: "Can I go to Andy's? I'm sure he's waiting for me."

Judy: "Put on your hat; it's hot outside."

Nathaniel: "Sure."