new life new way

As he walked home, Nathaniel saw the sun slowly setting down. He watched the warm glow over the houses and the last songs of the birds returning to their trees. The slow air that passed through him was a very pleasant sensation. After some minutes, he finally arrived home. He saw his little brother Kevin running everywhere, his mom Judy preparing dinner, and his dad George trying to repair the television.

Nathaniel: "I'm home!"

Judy: "Finally, we can eat now. Please, everyone may be seated."

All: "Okay, we're coming!"

After all of them took their seats, George spoke.

George: "So, how was today?"

Kevin: "I played pirates with Mr. Dinkle, and I found the gold he hid."

Mr. Dinkle was his favorite plushie.

Judy: "As for me, I almost finished the food recipe book."

Nathaniel: "Me, I lost in the tag game, but tomorrow I'll get my revenge."

George: "Good. Now, kids, I have news for you. I found a new job that pays me better than my current one."

Nathaniel, with a big smile: "Oh, I'm glad for you." But when he saw their faces, he dropped his smile. "There's a catch, huh?"

Judy, with hesitation: "You see, Nath, the place he'll be working at is not what we call the nearest."

Nathaniel: "So we need to live in another place?" in a saddest tone.

Judy and George nodded.

Nathaniel: "How many days left?"

George: "Don't worry, you have 3 days to say your goodbyes."

After dinner, each of them joined their rooms.

Judy: "His reaction isn't what I expected from an eight-year-old. I thought he might argue or something like that."

George: "It's very uncommon for him, but I think it's due to the loss of his friend last year that made him think more rationally than go full improvised."

Judy: "He's growing, George, even if in this case, he learned it the hard way."

In bed, Nathaniel thought of all the moments passed in this town. As long as he could remember, he had always lived here and developed a special attachment to this place. He would again lose his friends, but he remembered what Andy said and promised to stick to what he was, even if the world changed.