Chapter Seventeen

"How are you feeling, my Flora?" he asked as I lay in his embrace, totally spent and melting in his warm, still-damp arms

A silence fell.

How was I feeling? It was hard to put my feelings into words because I was having trouble understanding those feelings in the first place.

I knew I felt good despite the fact that my eyes were still weeping. I also knew I was most definitely not feeling sad. In fact, I felt everything but sad, and all of those feelings were still coming out of my eyes in the form of salty tears.

"I feel... happy," I eventually said.

Yes, I was happy. That was the truth. Elated, even. I'd never felt like this before after being intimate with someone else. I'd never felt this relaxed, never this alive. And never this safe, encompassed, understood, and seen.

Perhaps, I felt a bit silly, too. Because here I was, crying, while Ambrose had been so gentle with me. There was no reason for these big tears. I wondered what he thought about it. If he was the one crying, I know I'd feel horrible.

"I d-don't"—my breath hitched—"I don't know why I'm crying. I'm so sorry. I can't stop it."

"Oh, you sweet woman. Stop apologizing and stop fighting it. Crying is nothing to feel sorry about," he reassured me, then kissed the top of my head while his hands caressed my body. Even his tail did, which he used to stroke my thighs, oh so gently.

Like a cocoon, he was all around me. I wished this moment could last forever.

"You're crying because you feel and that is good," he continued. "I make you feel things, just like you make me feel things. You were—and still are—full of emotions."

I dried my eyes. "Thank you. That makes sense."

"Trust me, Fora. I knew tonight was going to make you happy. And it did, didn't it?" His breath was warm against my neck.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Because I know you. Don't you feel it when we are together? Don't you know me? Know what I need?"

"I feel... something." Admiration, desire, safety, warmth. I felt all that. "And you actually make it very clear what you want and need..."

He chuckled. "That is true. But you also know what I want because we have something special. All these nights I desired you—even though I couldn't have you—I knew you wanted me to take you. You wanted the same as I did."

"I...did long for that," I spoke in all honesty, my sobbing finally ceasing. "But I was bound."

"I know. It made me frustrated in the beginning, and I almost fucked up this chance. I knew you wanted me too, so I became greedy for you. But because of that, I pushed you away. I wanted you more than I was allowed to." He kissed me again. "Believe me that I remember you were bound."