HEALTH CHECK UP part 1

🇷 🇪 🇸 🇺 🇷 🇬 🇪 🇳 🇨 🇪

The soft sunlight streamed through the curtains as Sam gently roused me from my slumber. "Wake up, Eve. You're running late," he urged, guiding me out of bed.

"I'm up," I mumbled, sleep still clinging to my senses. With a gentle nudge, he directed me towards the washroom. After a quick shower and donning my uniform, I rushed downstairs.

"Morning!" greeted Ed, a hint of disapproval in his gaze. "You're already late, eat quickly."

Meanwhile, Liam, occupied with breakfast, instructed, "Dan, go wake Evan up."

"Why isn't he up already? It's late," Ed questioned, checking his watch.

"He's once again forsaking the early-rising habit," Sam lamented, shaking his head. Liam, grabbing two slices of bread, joined the conversation, asking, "By the way, when is Cecilia coming back?"

"She had her meeting yesterday; her flight is scheduled for tomorrow," Sam replied, a note of anticipation in his voice. The imminent return of Cecilia added a subtle thrill to the morning routine.

Evelyn's anticipation of reuniting with Cece overflowed, her excitement palpable. "Seriously??? I can't wait to meet Cece. I missed her so much," she exclaimed, a genuine smile illuminating her face, underscoring the depth of their connection.

In the quiet corridors of her thoughts, she found solace in appreciating Cecilia, musing, "My sister-in-law is better than my brother. The partner of my crime." This internal reflection spoke volumes about the unique bond they shared, transcending familial ties.

Sam, the multitasking caretaker, acknowledged their close-knit relationship. "Yeah, two mischievous girls of my life do miss each other a lot," he shared, brushing aside a strand of Evelyn's hair with an affectionate touch.

Evelyn, embodying a playful spirit, retorted, "What is the point of making my hair if you always have to do this!" Their banter illuminated the comfort and camaraderie within their family dynamic.

As Sam prepared to depart for the day, he entrusted Ed with a specific task. "Once you're done with her paperwork, will you please drop her at my hospital? I have some appointments today," Sam requested, collecting his apron and bags.

Ed, reassuringly, gestured toward Evelyn, affirming, "Yep. I will drop her, don't worry." Urging Evelyn, he added, "And you, hurry up."

Attempting to sidestep the impending hospital visit, Evelyn whined, "Sam, can't we just skip that?" However, Sam, with a resolute gaze, firmly replied, "Nope,"
He confirmed with a determined look, emphasizing the inevitability of the hospital visit, despite my reluctance.

"Ugh... I don't know what awaits me there. All I wanted was a happy and peaceful vacation. I hate needles. Please, God, save me today." I sighed, dreading the impending visit to the hospital.

Leaving for school after giving Liam a lingering hug, we settled into the limo. Ed, ever the protective figure, ensured I wore my seatbelt. "I'm not a baby," I protested.

"This is for safety. Stop whining at everything," Ed scolded, his concern evident.

"Listen, Eve, I know you gave it your best shot last year. But I want you to be at your best throughout this year. It's okay to have ups and downs, but I'll make sure to check your homework and results on time. Pay attention in class. Clear?" Ed lectured while navigating the car.

Arriving at school, Ed efficiently handled all the paperwork. "Eve, sign here," he instructed, handing me the paper, setting the tone for a year of academic focus and support.

The limo glided away from the school, leaving behind the familiar setting for an uncertain journey toward the hospital. The atmosphere inside the car shifted, becoming thick with the impending visit that I dreaded.
I couldn't escape the apprehension, especially knowing that my brother, Sam, awaited on the other side.

"Ed, I really, really don't want to do this. Can't we just reschedule or something?" I pleaded, my voice laced with desperation, hoping for a way out.
Ed's understanding gaze met mine through the rearview mirror.
"Eve, I know it's tough for you, but this is important for your health. Your brother is just trying to make sure everything is okay."

"But I hate needles, Ed. I can't stand them," I whined, feeling a knot tighten in my stomach, the anxiety palpable.

Ed sighed, his empathetic tone trying to ease the distress. "I get it, Eve. But your brother is a doctor, and he knows what's best for you. We'll get through this quickly, alright?"

The limo smoothly pulled into the hospital parking lot, and the sight of the imposing building intensified my sense of dread. Sam awaited us at the entrance, adorned in a white coat, his stern expression warning me that there was no avoiding the inevitable.

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N : Just somehow, it feels like nobody wants to read this story. Though I have planned some beautiful chapters ahead but I am unsure about it. If anybody is there who wants to read, please feel free to let me know. I will upload the next part of it immediately 😊 and also, english is not my native language. I request everyone to bear with me.