The Mistake

(Michiko's POV)
My biggest mistake...
One day, I came home from school. Sarah wasn't there..? I checked all over the house. There was one place I didn't look. Her room. I opened the door...
She.. She wasn't there. The window.. it was open. No.. it can't be... she left.. ran away from father. So she wouldn't feel pain. Or She's Missing..? Sarah... No. You can't leave me. It's my fault. So I should fix it.  But I'll get lost too. I must tell..I heard the front door open. "Bun Bun..!" I panted. "Yeah..? You okay.?" He asked worried.  "It's SARAH... SHE'S GONE.!" I panicked. "MISSING! SHE'S NOT IN HER ROOM!" I explained. Bun Bun checked her room. "The window..." Bun Bun mumbled.
(Time skip)
(Bun Bun's POV)
I turned on the tv and it was on the news channel.
"Eh..?" I thought. "Sarah Hayashi, a Middle School Student Dead?
We are investigating the area, and it seems she jumped off this cliff a few weeks ago." The news stated. My sister is...
Dead..?
I turned off the tv. Why..? I've been a bad big brother. I'm the failure. I couldn't protect you. What type of brother am I..? "It's not your fault, stop blaming yourself" a quiet voice told me. I looked behind me. It was Michiko. "But I didn't help or protect her!" I cried. "It was mine. My fault." Michiko said sternly. "But You're blaming yourself!" I wailed. "She was bullied a lot. I didn't help or support or during that. She was abused by father. I didn't tell father to stop or have the courage to talk to him. I knew what was going on. But I didn't help, because I was selfish "what if I got bullied by them if I stood up for her?" "What of father abuses me because he didn't like me trying to stop him?"  I asked my self  What ifs so I didn't do it. Doesn't that give me the right to blame?" Michiko said. " I didn't help her either! So I should be the one to blame!"  I thought. "I know what you're thinking. You shouldn't blame yourself, it's not your fault" She replied. Was I that easy to read? She was blaming herself so why isn't she letting me blame myself. "Because I knew what was happening, you didn't." Michiko told me. Is she telepathic? "Okay.." I replied.
"Go to bed"
I went upstairs and fell on my bed. I tried to fall asleep but I couldn't.
Sarah..? She was in front of me.
"Sarah you survived..? You came home? You survived Im sorry I didn't help you." I hollered.
"Do you still.. think of me as a brother..?" I asked
She turned around. "You are hallucinating." Sarah replied.
"What..? But you're right here..?" I said confused.
"I'm not real." Sarah said. "Wake up" Sarah demanded.