0.6 i hear them talking when she's not around

Addie hugged the tall man back immediately, secretly hoping he won't say anything about her eavesdropping. He pulled away from the girl with a smile on his face.

"It's nice to see you again, Adeline!" He greeted her, guiding her to join the other woman in the kitchen.

Addie cracked a small smile, "It's good to see you too." She replied, coming to a stop on the opposite side of the kitchen island of her mom. Addie looked to Mary Lou, seeing she also wore a dress, a soft yellow one with a white jacket that had a tie around the waist. Addie grinned to herself as Mary Lou immediately put her husband to work.

Soon enough Mary Lou noticed the silent girl, instantly frowning. "Go hang out with the boys sweet pea! Dinner is almost ready." Addie wanted to offer to stay, but the look on her mothers face made her spin on her heels and head back to the living room.

"I hear them talking when she's not around, Nick. I don't think she's telling us everything." Chris was saying as she walked into the room, making him immediately sit back and press his lips together.

Addie just sighed as she sat next to Matt this time, deciding she didn't want to feed into whatever Chris was talking about before she walked in.

"Got nothing to say, Adeline?" Chris asked, leaning forward resting his arms on his knees.

"I don't know what you expect me to say, I gave you my truth four nights ago in my basement, and my room." Addie curtly replied, feeling guilty for half lying.

No one knew she had a huge crush on Chris at the time of everything, and she wanted to keep it a secret. She was afraid of how Chris would react. How everything would change once he knew. The only person who probably figured it out was her mom, if she even remembered.

"Yeah just drop it Chris, christ." Nick muttered, rolling his eyes. He shot Addie an apologetic look before focusing on Matt and resuming whatever conversation they were having before she came into the room.

"I can tell you're hiding something." Chris spoke to Addie, making her look to her left to give him her full attention. "And I will figure it out."

Addie just frowned at him, silently cursing herself for still being so easy to read to him. He always knew when something was up with her, and that of course hadn't changed like she hoped.

"I don't know what you're talking about Chris, there's nothing more I can say." Addie shrugged, meeting Chris' heated gaze. He just stared back for a few seconds, looking away and rubbing his chin in deep thought.

Addie knew she'd have to come clean at some point, but she wasn't going to ever be ready to admit she basically fell in love with her best friend. Although she was only 13 at the time, she knew it was definitely stronger than just a crush. Addie honestly forgot about her feelings for the boy, so rehashing how many times he broke her heart without even knowing it, was sending her into a panic.

Addie rose, catching everyone's attention. "I'll be right back." She announced, before quickly making her way to the front door.

She shut the door tightly behind her, walking down a few steps of the porch. She needed to tell someone. Someone safe, but not afraid to tell her how it really is.

Addie looked to her right, seeing Alahna's house. She made the quick decision, if Alahna is home she'll tell her the truth. If not, she'll let it go for now and go back into the Sturniolo household.