1.2 she's all grown up

Chris and Addie were going on a date. It was finally the weekend and Chris was dying to spend time with his girl who wasn't fully his girl. Addie was humming some random song while getting ready, when Nick suddenly burst into her bathroom.

"Jesus Christ, Nick!" Addie exclaimed, putting her hand over her chest in an attempt to calm her now racing heart. Addie peaked behind him to see Alahna giggling quietly, shaking her head at Nick's actions.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked, she didn't mind but they both knew she had plans soon.

"Oh my god I love your fit!" Alahna gasped once Nick had entered the bathroom and sat on the closed toilet. Addie was wearing a black sweater that had a rib cage on the front, with black leggings, and furry black boots. She was still deciding on if she wanted to wear a hat or not, and she had to pick out a purse. '

"Do you guys know what Chris is wearing?" She asked the pair, assuming they came from Nick's house.

Nick nodded, "He's wearing his black cargo pants, a plain black hoodie with a zip up jacket over top, with his white air forces." Nick explained, "Don't ask why with two jackets, it's not that cold out." He shrugged, not understanding his brother's fashion sense.

"Okay, slay," Addie replied, finishing her makeup with lip gloss. "He's gonna look so good I might burst into tears when I see him." Addie muttered, turning to face Alahna. Nick gagged behind her making Addie roll her eyes with a smile on her face.

"You guys are basically matching with the all black type of look." Alahna commented, a smile on her face as well.

Addie picked up the cream hat with some sports logo on the front, and her black aviator hat. "Which one?" She asked, turning to the side so Nick could weigh in his opinion too.

"The black one." Alahna and Nick replied at the same time, chuckling at their brains being in sync. Addie nodded, beginning to put it on making sure her hair looked fine underneath.

The trio left the bathroom so Addie could choose which purse she wanted to wear. She settled on her favorite black purse, with a long chain acting as the strap. She stared at herself in the mirror for a few seconds before deciding she was good.

Nick and Alahna were watching Addie with smiles on their faces, genuinely happy for the girl. Addie ignored their stares and pulled out her phone to see she still had 10 minutes till Chris was supposed to come over.

"How excited are you?" Alahna asked as Addie sat at her vanity.

"I'm so nervous I might throw up, shit myself, or cry. Not sure yet." Addie replied, playing with one of the bracelets she was wearing.

Nick laughed, "Don't be nervous, you and Chris have already kissed and both admitted to feeling something." He reassured the girl from his position on her bed.

Addie shook her head, "But it's different now. I can openly make heart eyes at him if I want to, which I will, and it's going to be a different side of Chris I'll be seeing." She stressed, leaning back in her chair, refraining from rubbing her face since she was wearing makeup.

"You got the kid whipped and you guys don't even have a label yet, don't trip." Alahna spoke, making the girl nod. If she knew one thing, it was that Chris was definitely whipped. They were on facetime until almost 4 am last night, just talking about anything and everything.

There was a knock on the front door downstairs, making Addie's heart jump inside of her chest. "Oh my god I'm gonna be sick." She whined, as Nick and Alahna pulled on her arms so she would stand.

"Come on, we'll walk you out." Nick offered, making Addie scoff.

"Don't embarrass me please." Addie requested, making Nick pout at her. He was definitely going to act like her dad since her actual dad wasn't here. The trio made their way downstairs, Addie pausing to double check her makeup in the mirror by the front door, worried about her foundation creasing.

"Get the door bitch!" Alahna yelled at the girl, shoving her in the right direction. Addie glared at her friend before taking a deep breath in, and opened the door.

Holy shit.

Chris was standing there, holding yarn flowers. She had mentioned to him last night she doesn't care for real flowers, especially after what had recently happened, and had told him about the yarn flowers she saw on Pinterest.

"I was going to get you real ones, but I had to beg my mom to teach me how to make these this morning." He admitted sheepishly, handing the purple and white roses to the girl. He was worried about coming off as corny, but decided it was worth it when Addie looked at him as if he had just given her the world.

"Chris, thank you," Addie whispered, pulling him in for a hug. "They're perfect." Addie gushed, turning around to place them on the wooden table they kept by the front door.

"Don't have too much fun now, kids." Nick spoke, scaring Addie with the deep voice he spoke in.

"Shut the fuck up Nicolas." Chris and Addie said at the same time, glaring at him. Addie turned back to Chris with a grin on her lips. She doesn't even remember why she was so nervous. Chris and Addie waved bye to Nick and Alahna who were now making kissing noises at the pair, laughing as Addie shut her front door behind them.

Nick and Alahna were going to hangout at Addie's while she was gone. They wanted every single detail about the night while it was still fresh in Addie's mind.

"You look beautiful, Ads." Chris complimented the girl, making her rosy cheeks darken.

"Thank you, you look pretty good too." She replied, looking him up and down making Chris insanely nervous.

Chris chuckled, "My outfit was inspired by you, since you love to wear black so much." He teased Addie, as they made their way next door towards the minivan.

"Shut up, black is just so classy without even trying." Addie laughed, coming to a short stop when she noticed Chris holding the keys to the van. "What are you doing with those?" She questioned, knowing he definitely did not have his license.

"I have my permit, I don't wanna make Matt drive us so..." He trailed off, smiling at Addie's worried reaction.

"Absolutely not, Christopher." Addie replied, snatching the keys out of his hand. She unlocked the doors, pushing Chris to the passenger side. "Get in."

Chris frowned, "You can drive?" He asked, not being able to remember if she had told him she had her license. Addie nodded, opening the door and was about to climb in when the door suddenly shut.

"What the fuck, Chris?" Addie laughed, confused. He shook his head, reopening the door and gesturing to her to climb in. Addie grinned at him, "Such a gentleman." She joked, patting his face as she got behind the wheel. She was expecting him to close the door for her, but he had other plans.

He leaned in, placing a short and sweet kiss on her lips before shutting the door. Addie was certain if she wasn't in the car right now, she'd be screaming and kicking her feet like a fool.

Chris climbed into the car, "I hope you know this now means I get aux."

authors note .ᐟ
double update?? y'all better love me!