A Slight Difference In Perspective | Chapter 2 | Book 1 Ch 2

George Weasley loved Arwen Casters, this was just a fact of the world. She had been best friends with him and Fred since the three of them were toddlers and he loved her just as much as he loved any of his family members.

     The only problem with this was that as of their first year at Hogwarts, feelings that were for years platonic began to become more romantic in nature, which constantly threw him off to no end every time he saw her, which given that they were such close friends was nearly every day.

     " Packed with Muggles, of course," Mum was saying, leading the way through Kings Cross.

     George glanced to his right where Arwen was walking, Fig hanging off one arm and Ginny clutching her other as the oldest of the three tried in vain to push her trolly through the station.

     Since Arwen and Fig's mums' were both usually busy working at St. Mungo's, the Weasley family was often intrusted with their two younger daughters, making them both essentially Weasleys at this point, Christmas sweaters and all. With this arrangement also came dropping Arwen off at Hogwarts with the rest of the Weasley children and bringing Fig along so she could say goodbye to her big sister.

     " Now, what's the platform number?" Mum asked, knowing very well all seven of them knew the answer.

     " Nine and three-quarters!" Ginny immediately said." Mum, can't I go?"

     " You're not old enough, Ginny, now be quiet. All right, Percy, you go first."

     Percy strode up with all his pompousness and ran at the brick wall that George only wished was solid just so he could see the new prefect smack his face into it.

     " Fred, you next."

     " I'm not Fred," Fred claimed." I'm George. Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother? Can't you tell I'm George?"

     " Sorry, George, dear."

     " Only joking, I am Fred."

     He ran through the wall after Percy.

     " Arwen, go ahead, dear."

     Ginny and Fig both climbed onto the older girl's trolly, leaving her to push all three of them through. Once the last of Arwen's braids had made it through, George got ready to follow after her, pushing himself forward and through the brick wall to see the platform that lay beyond it.

     He joined Arwen and his brother on the other side as the two younger girls got off Arwen's trolly, looking around to find people that they recognized.

     " Lee!"

     Fred's yell brought the other's attention to Lee Jordan who stood a little ways away from them with a rapidly forming crowd surrounding them.

     Lee looked over as they joined him." Hey, you three, glad to see you made it on time for once. Did your mum finally get tired of your nonsense?"

     He aimed the last part for Fred and George who in no way looked ashamed of their antics.

     " What've you got there, Lee?" Arwen asked, nodding to the box in his hands.

     The boy's grin widened even more at the question." You'd never guess what I convinced my mum and dad to get me for my birthday this year."

     " He's got a spider!" A kid from the crowd yelled.

     Noticing Arwen's excitement at the news, George prodded his friend to show them. " Give us a look, Lee, go on."

     Lee creaked open the lid a tiny bit, causing the crowd around them to start shrieking as the spider stepped a single hairy leg out of his enclosure before Lee pushed him back into the box and closed it shut.