Going Back to Hogwarts | Chapter 3 | Book 1 Ch 3

" You just helped Harry Potter with his trunk!" Fred said in awe as the three of them walked through the train to find their friends.

     Arwen shook her head in disbelief." Believe me, I'm still wrapping my head around it."

     Fred opened the door between cars, heading over to the next portion of the train only to open the next door to a car full of kids lounging around in black robes and green and silver ties.

     For a little ways, they walked through the corridor with nothing more than glares from the surrounding Slytherins, before a pair of abnormally large first years barred the way for them to continue.

     " Well, well, well," a voice said from behind them as the Twins and Arwen turned to see a blond first-year looking up at them smugly." What are two Weasleys doing in the Slytherin Car?"

     George glanced down at the boy." Do we know you?"

     His smirk fell slightly." I suppose you don't - yet. My name is Draco Malfoy."

     There was a collective eye-roll from the third-year students.

     " Listen, kid," Arwen said, stressing the second word." I'm going to be completely honest here, I do not care. We're just trying to get through the train, and if that means passing through the 'Slytherin Car' I don't think you're really one to stop us."

     " Or you could try and stop us," George offered." That would be very entertaining for us."

     Malfoy's face turned pink." Fine! But know whenever we cross paths after today, I will not be so forgiving."

     " You want to fight a group of third-years?" Fred asked.

     Malfoy's glare deepened before he turned and stomped away, the two boys with him pushing through them to follow after the angry blonde.

     The third-years all shrugged at each other before continuing through the train until they reached the compartment that their friends had claimed and made their way inside.

     " What happened to the three of you?" Lee asked, noticing their disgruntled expressions.

     " Turns out Lucious Malfoy's son is starting this year," Fred grumbled, flopping into the open seat across from the other Gryffindor." We just had the pleasure of meeting him ourselves."

    " Does he live up to the legend?" Naomi asked sarcastically.

     " Unfortunately."

     " Speaking of legends," George said, lounging in one of the two spare seats." Ara helped a hero today."

     " Did you really, Arwen?" Hestia asked.

     George was quite proud of himself when he saw Arwen's smile widen.

     " I really did! This year just happens to be the first year of school for none other than Harry Freaking  Potter!"

     Lee's eyes widened." You're kidding!"

     " No, we saw him ourselves," Fred said." Arwen even helped him carry his trunk onto the train!"

     " The defeated of You-Know-Who owes our Arwen a favor," Naomi teased.

     Arwen beamed as she took a seat in the one remaining seat, placing her cat carrier in her lap and letting Dots - the cat she'd had since first year who now looked a bit messed up after a Transfiguration gone slightly wrong which ended up with Dots having strange fur-covered bat-like wings - out of her carrier.

     They spent a good while doing normal Hogwarts Express activities like eating sweets and playing games of Exploding Snap which Hestia was way too good at, until a girl with bushy brown hair opened their compartment door followed by a nervous-looking boy.

     " Would any of you have happened to have seen a toad?" The girl asked." Nevil here's lost one."

     " Not since letting one loose in Defense Against the Dark Arts last year," George said, lounging back against Arwen." Any of you seen one recently?"

     " Not since setting one loose in Potions last year," Fred said.

    Arwen sighed, getting to her feet and letting George fall back against the seat." Here, I'll help you two look- Try not to get in any trouble without me!"

     That last sentence was directed at her friends before she and the first years filed out and she closed the compartment door behind them.

     " Thank you," the girl said." My name is Hermione Granger."

     " Arwen Caster."

     The two shook hands.

     They questioned a few kids of varying houses and years before coming across one with two first years whom Arwen recognized.

     " Has anyone seen a toad?" Hermione asked them." Nevill's lost one."

     " We've already seen it-" Ron looked up from some magic he was apparently about to do, paling when he saw Arwen behind the two other first hears." Oh, hello, Arwen."

     " Do you two know each other?" Hermione questioned.

     " Yeah, she's friends with my idiot brothers," he grumbled.

     " Well, I find her quite nice." She noticed the wand in Ron's hand." Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see it then."

     She took a seat, leaving Arwen to just laugh.

     " You're trying one of Fred's spells, are you?" For such an innocent grin, there was a hint of wickedness behind her eyes." Well, have fun with that. I'll keep helping Nevil, Herm."

     Arwen smiled one last time at the group, before closing the compartment door and leading the way down the train as Nevil continued to follow behind her nervously.

A/N: This isn't as long as I usually try to make my chapters ( Which is to say, at least 1,000 words) but my hope is it's good nonetheless.

I hope you have an absolutely wonderful rest of your day!

- Alex