Chapter One

How C looks now.

I look in the mirror and then my old picture. I almost laugh at the difference. I had changed my hair color just for fun and I've gotten more tanned over year. But what's funny is, even after a year in France, I still have a mixture of a British and Irish accent.

"Happy birthday C," I tell myself. "Perfect birthday. I might see everyone today."

I make sure I still have the money I earned over Summer. I head to the top of the stairs and see the Ron, Hermione, and Harry. Hermione is first to see me. I wave and she taps on the boys' shoulder. They look up at me.

"C?" Harry asks.

"Hey guys."

I go running down the stairs and give them a hug.

"You look different," Hermione squeals.

"France will change a girl," I joke. We head over to Ron's family. They all look basically the same.

"Ron?" His mother asks. "Who is this?"

"This is C," he informs her. "My friend from the first year."

She nods her head.

"She's hot," one of the twins says. I start blushing while his mum slaps the back of his head.

"I'm Fred," he says. Then points to his twin. "This is George."

"Just don't let them get you to buy something," Hermione says. "The last person to buy candy ended up in the Hospital Wing."

I nod my head and we leave to get school supplies. We go first to a book store. I start gathering books and accidentally bump into someone. All the books fall out of my hands.

"I'm sorry," we say at the same time. The person gives me the books. I look up and see someone important to me.

"Cedric?" I ask as we stand up.

"Do I...C?" He asks. I nod my head. We start walking out.

"You look so different," he points out.

"I've been told."

"You still have the necklace on."

I grab the Snitch that hangs around my neck.

"Haven't taken it off since you've given it to me two years ago."

"It's your thirteenth birthday today?"

"Yep."

"Happy birthday then."

"Thank you. Let me get you something then."

Before I could argue, he pulls me to the ice cream shop. He gets me to sit while he goes to get whatever he is planning. He comes back with a slice of ice cream cake.

"Happy birthday," he wishes me. I smile and blow out the candle.