Chapter Eight

Christmas came and flew by. I received a hand knitted yellow sweater from some of the Weasley group. A book from Hermione. Chocolate frogs from Ron.

Invisible ink from Fred. The Snitch from my first game from Harry(even though I don't know how he got it). And a ticket to the Quidditch World Cup this summer from Cedric.

I'm honestly shocked that the entire Weasley family got me something. We just met at the end of summer. Right now, Cedric and I are just sitting there with our fingers intertwined together and my head on his chest. We're staring at the fire in silence. It's nice when we just sit in silence.

"I know you're thinking about something," he finally says.

"I'm always thinking about something."

"What are you thinking about right now."

"Maybe Sirius is innocent."

"Why do you say that?"

"Why would he turn against his best friend, who is practically like his brother? And there is barely any proof."

"He also blew up a bunch of innocent muggles."

"He could be framed."

You have a point. On a different note, tomorrow, the minister is coming for the execution of Buckbeak."

"I hate Draco."

"I know you do. And I have to concur with you."

I smile and slowly drift asleep.

{}

I walk down with Hermione, Ron, and Harry to Hagrid's. Today is when Buckbeak is suppose to be executed. So we figured we could be there for Hagrid. At the top of the steps, Draco and his friends are standing there laughing.

"Come to see the show?" He asks when he spots us. Hermione pulls out her wand and corners Draco.

"He's not worth it, Hermione," Ron calls out. She puts her wand down and turns. Quickly she turns back around and punches Draco in the stomach. Then me and my friends quickly get to Hagrid's. He motions is inside.

"You four shouldn't be out," he says. "Especially you Harry."

"We came to be with you," Hermione says.

"We're all here for you," I add.

"Thank you," he says. Then looks out the window. "Look at Buckbeak. Doesn't even know what's comin."

We start talking until a flower pot shatters. Wait, what? Harry jumps and starts rubbing the back of his neck. He looks outside and notices something. Hagrid also looks out the small, kitchen window.

"You four need to go," he orders.