Chapter Two

The picture is C's new broom.

I carry my stuff on board and put it above where I'll sit. Fred walks by and wave. I wave back and look out the window. Everyone has someone to say bye to but me. I look and see my parents.

"Shit," I shriek. I fall on the floor.

"Um..."

I look to see Cedric. I get back up on the seat and he sits across from me. A familiar blonde stops by the door of the compartment.

"Hello," he says. "I don't think we..."

"Go away Draco," I snap. His mouth drops and he leaves. The train actually starts to pull off and I stare out the window.

"Why did you fall?" He asks. I pull my knees against my chest and wrap my arms around them.

"I saw them," I simply inform him.

"They won't hurt you," he says softly. "I will keep my promise."

I smile and relax. I put my feet on the ground and look out window.

"You were the reason," I mumble.

"What?"

I look him in the eye.

"You were the reason I accepted the exchange program. You told me to forget about my first kiss. And that kiss many something to me. More than just the fact it was my first kiss. And I knew I couldn't be with you."

"I...I...Wait, what?"

The train stopped suddenly and I go flying forward into Cedric's arms. I push myself off and sit back down.

"What's going on?" I ask. The windows start to cover in frost. Our breaths become visible. I start freezing and all happiness seems to leave me. The door opens slowly by itself and a black, hooded creature floats in. A demintor. I slowly pull my wand out of my boot.

"You can't," Cedric whispers. "You'll be suspended."

I hate in not older. The demintor leaves and everything returns to normal. Except my head is spinning. I just put my wand back and lean my head back.

The trolley comes by. I get up and buy two chocolate frogs and jelly beans. I toss him his frog and quickly eat mine. I pull out the jelly beans and toss a green one in Cedric's mouth. He spits it out.

"Do I even want to know what flavor that was?" I ask.

"No," he answers swiftly. We just break out laughing.

"By the way," he says. "How did you get a Numbus 2001?"

"Some girls gave it to me as a going away present. Plan on trying out for Quidditch this year."

"Position?"

"You'll have to find out during tryouts."