Chapter Three

As soon as I get out the carriage, Professor Sprout stops me. She is the head of Hufflepuff and in charge of Herbology. She is small and has crazy blonde hair with hazel eyes.

"We need to talk about your schedule," she informs me. "Can you please come with me?"

"Lead the way."

We head to her office. Which is right next to the green house. I follow her in and sit when told. She sits on the other side of the desk and look over the papers.

"Due to the fact you weren't here last year," she explains, "we need to discuss the classes you are going to take this year. You are required potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, and transfiguration. The rest is up to you."

"I do want to take astronomy and the class about predictions. Also, I already got a book for Hagrid's class."

"Of course you did. Is that all?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Do you have the books?"

"Bought them just in case."

She laughs and let's me go to the house. I see Cedric talking to Cho. My stomach starts to knot at the sight of those two. Cedric spots me.

"I need to go now," he tells her. I lean against the wall and cross.cross arms.

"Okay Cedy-wedy," she says. She walks right past me, sending me a nasty look. I roll my eyes and look back at Cedric. He comes over.

"How much did you hear?" He asks, running the back of his neck.

"But much Cedy-wedy," I joke as I enter the house.

"That's not funny," he calls after me. I laugh at him.

"C," many people say as I enter. I wave hi to them and sit on the couch. Cedric sits next to me and we just keep joking around.

"Met anyone new?" He asks. I can hear that he is hoping for a no.

"Yeah," I answer him. "I just met this ginger. Tall. Funny. Just a bit older than me."

His shoulders slump down a little. I laugh.

"I just met Fred Weasley on my birthday."

"Oh. Um..."

"I was in an all girl school last year. And when I wasn't there, I was busy with earning my own money."

"Are you going to go to Hogsmade in the winter?" He asks.

"No legal guardians anymore. I can sign for myself."

He laughs and catches me up on what happened last year.

"Let me see if I got this straight," I check. "There was a basilisk in our school. Under our feet? And it paralyzed people, including Justin. Also Harry killed it."

"Basically."

I shake my head.

"This school never seems to change.