Chapter Seven

I catch up with Cedric in time to go to Hogsmade. Snow is falling steadily, settling everywhere it can.

"Ready?" He asks. I nod my head and look around. Harry is walking back into Hogwarts. I guess he can't never got the sheet signed. We get in the carriages. It's just me and Cedric, so it's nice.

"Where do you want to see first?" He asks.

"I don't know. Where should we go?"

"I know a great place to get butterbeer."

"Let's go there then."

The carriage finally stops and we get out. He leads me around the small village full of students from third to seventh years. Each one eager to go to a certain store. We arrive at a place that is falling apart and on the edge of the woods.

"Did you take me here to kill me?" I joke. He just laughs and head inside. I sit at a table while he gets the drinks. There is no one here but us, the barista, and a goat that's eating everything. Cedric comes back with two mugs and gives me one.

"Butterbeer with ginger," he says. He sits down.

"Thanks."

"Welcome."

We both drink the warm liquid and just be quite. We are just sitting there silent. And it's nice. I finish my drink.

"Okay," I say. "What do you plan on doing for Christmas break?"

"Going home. You?"

"Staying here."

"Oh yeah. Maybe you could..."

"I actually want to stay here for Christmas. Hogwarts is my home."

He nods his head and we get up. We go two different ways. We both know the other ones going to get a gift, but don't say anything. I look in the Quidditch section for him. I grab an Ireland jersey, since it's his favorite team. I spot Ron and Hermione, so I run and catch up with them.

"Hey," I wave. They turn to look at me.

"Aren't you suppose to be on a date?" Ron asks.

"I had Christmas shopping. Can I join you two?"

They nod their heads and we walk to an opening in the woods. There is a giant boulder in the middle, and I can hear someone crying. Hermione reaches out and pulls off the Invisibility Cloak off of Harry.

"He was their friend," he cries. "Sirius was their friend and he handed them over to Voldemort."

I remember who Sirus is. He escaped from Azkaban and everyone thinks he is after Harry. So there are Dementors all over school. They messed up the Quidditch game between us and Gryffindor. The three of us just stay there, calming Harry down.