Chapter 13

Derek's POV:

I felt my wolf come forward at the sound of her moans, imagining that I was the cause before pulling him back. Every second with her affected me more and more. My wolf was starting to push harder and harder for me to claim her and make her ours.

"Sorry about that, my wolf has a mind of his own at times. Especially when you're around." I said before taking a sip of my wine.

"Why is that? I mean, my wolf seems a little more on edge since you've been around." she asked, as she finished her food and sipped at her wine.

"There's a reason for that. You see, what do you know about mates?" I asked, wondering if they had ever talked about it or if she even remembered what we were taught growing up.

"Mates are someone sent to you by the mood goddess. The other half of your soul. Not everyone is lucky enough to have one or even find theirs."

"Okay, well you are mine Bella. You are my mate. I know it is sudden, well for you it is but I have been looking for you since I turned eighteen."

"Wait, I'm your mate? What about that girl I seen you with when we arrived here?"

"That is Marina, she is Andrew's sister. We all grew up together and after searching for you for so long, I gave up on the hope of ever having a mate. She was to be my chosen mate." I said with a sigh.

"Your chosen mate? So, you just gave up on me and decided to settle for whatever you could get?" she said with anger and hurt filling her voice.

"It isn't like that. As an Alpha, I have to provide a Luna. You know as well as I do that if we don't find our mates by 24 then there is little to no chance of ever finding them. That's why we are allowed chosen mates." I tried to explain, maybe I should've left that part out.

"Wow, the hits just keep coming right? First, I find out my pack is dead because of me, and the ones responsible are still after me, then I find out my so-called mate already has a chosen mate ready for him." She said, throwing back the rest of her wine like a shot and getting up.

"Don't go, please." I begged, I wanted to explain, make her understand.

"I need to be alone. You just keep dropping shit bombs on me and expect me to just be okay with it or agree with it. I can't do that."

"Just let me explain. She doesn't matter, I never loved her. It was just something we agreed to because we both reached the age where they say you're less likely to find your mate. It wasn't anything like it is with you. The way I feel about you, its consuming." I tried to explain, grabbing her hand and pleading with her to stay and just hear me out. But she didn't, she pulled away and fled from the room.

I fucked it up. I never should've picked a chosen mate; I should've waited for her even if she never came. Goddess, please let her forgive me. I cannot live without her.