Chapter 14

Bella's POV:

I ran upstairs and into my bedroom, slamming the door behind me and throwing myself onto the bed. It may have been news to me, but it didn't mean that it didn't hurt. A mate was something special, something sacred and he just threw it to the side like it meant nothing and picked some random bitch to be his chosen. It wasn't right. That's not how things are supposed to be, and as far as chosen mates come, it was too soon. Maybe not for him but it wasn't twenty-four that you gave up, it was after your turned twenty-eight. Four years, he had four years that he could've waited for me, but decided it was too long and gave up.

To know that I could be so easily replaced, crushed me. I was pissed at him, hurt, confused. My wolf still begged to be near him, she was hurt that he would do this, but she still wanted him. The bond between my wolf and his was stronger than whatever bond was between us. I didn't feel the need to be around him like she did, I didn't crave him like she did. I would fight this for as long as I could, until I figured out what I wanted, what was best for me. Right now, I was too pissed off to think straight.

Going through my drawers I found a tank top and pair of pink silk shorts, walking to the bathroom I changed into them and threw my hair up into a bun. I flopped down on the bed and put something random on tv to drown out the silence.

My head was full of questions. Why didn't he wait for me? Why did he pick that girl? Who she was to him? If he actually had feelings for her? What would this mean for us?

I was pulled from my thoughts when someone knocked on the door. I knew it was him, I could smell him as he approached. His scent had filled the room long before he reached my door.

"Leave me alone Derek. I need time to think." I yelled at the door.

"Let me in Bella please. We need to talk about this." He pleaded.

He wanted to talk, fine we can talk. I said to myself as I stormed to the door and jerked it open.

"Talk." I said sternly, folding my arms across my chest.

"Can I come in?"

"No, you can talk from where you're at."

"I know you're mad but please don't be. I didn't know you existed. I didn't know there was a mate out there for me."

Blah blah. Spewing the same bull shit he was saying at dinner. Didn't he realize that it didn't change anything. He did it, he made the choice.

"You chose to be with someone else. To give someone my title as Luna and take them as your mate. You chose to do it! Because you couldn't wait four more years to see if you would find me?!" I yelled.

"Four years? Yes, I should've waited but what difference would it have made? If it was four years from now and we were still right here, would it make a difference? Would it change your mind or your feelings about it?"

"Yes. Yes, it would've because then I would've understood more. You had four more years to search for me, before it would be even remotely okay for you to seek someone else, but you couldn't do that. You couldn't wait four more years for me. I wasn't worth that to you!" I yelled, tears running down my face.

"You are everything to me. I knew it from the moment I met you. I have needed you, craved you, and loved you from the moment you looked at me. My whole world changed and flipped upside down."

It warmed my heart hearing him say that, and I wanted so badly to believe it, but I just couldn't. Not when he chose her.

"You chose her, over me." I whispered out.

"No, I would never choose anyone over you. It will always be you for me. I didn't know you when I turned to her, but since I've known you no one else has existed for me. Its just you Bella." He said, reaching for my hand and sending sparks up my arm.

I let myself feel it. I gave in just a little to the overwhelming pleasure rolling through me. If I let it, it would consume me, every fiber of my being. But I didn't, I pulled away from him, seeing the hurt flash in his eyes.

"I believe you. I just need some time to think about what this means, and how I feel about it. I am still upset about Marina, but I will give this a chance." I said softly, squeezing his hand lightly.

"That's all that I ask, that you give us a shot." he said softly, lowering his head and putting his forehead against mine.

"I'm going to lay down and get ready for bed. We can talk tomorrow." I said, giving him a small reassuring smile.

He returned it before giving me a nod and leaving, shutting the door behind him as he went.

Things were rocky between us right now, but I knew this is where I was supposed to be. When my head hit the pillow, I went quickly to sleep. My dreams filled with my mate once again.