prologue

AURORA PIERCE was only six years old when she felt as if her world came crashing down

AURORA PIERCE was only six years old when she felt as if her world came crashing down. nothing could have prepared her for the heartbreak she felt hearing the words she never thought she would have to hear leave her father's mouth. she felt as if everything was her fault.

(ten years ago)

rory was sitting on the floor of her light pink bedroom playing with her dolls when she heard a plate shatter in the kitchen. she was about to run out to see was happened when she heard her dad start screaming. instead of running out, she sat at her door with her ear pressed against the door listening to the screaming match happening in the kitchen. "i wish we never got married!" her father yelled, "you don't mean that." she heard her mother say barely over a whisper. the young blonde didn't understand what was happening and she was so confused until she heard her name in the conversation. "you have to be quite rory's just in the next room" her mother spoke in a panic, "i don't care, she's not a baby anymore!" her father yelled "ever since you had her we've had no money, no free time, and she's too much work!" auroras heart dropped. "she needs to learn how to be less work" she couldn't believe it "she should be more like her sister!" he said at last. at that moment, she broke down crying and immediately running to her bed. the last thing she heard was a suitcase land on the floor and the front door slam.

ever since that day, life was forever flipped. and not just hers.

her mother used to be the confident and powerful woman that she looked up to, until her father left. she didn't know how to cope with the thought of being alone for the rest of her life, so she turned to alcohol and drugs. the addiction got so bad to the point her two young children had to get taken in by her college best friend, katherine walter.

(current time)

after living with the walters for over ten years, the two pierce girls felt so much more at peace. the two families had been close friends before they moved in, making the transition so much easier, but it was still not easy considering the past events. the girls immediately were shocked by all of the pranks and chaos going on in the house, but they had each other no matter the outcome. rory had gotten very close with cole over the years of living there. they found comfort in each other. they understood each other even if they didn't have all the same experiences. isa quickly clicked with isaac since he was also more interested in the things she liked. for example, they both realized as they got older they both loved parties, style, and were both more on the popular and extroverted side.

_________

authors note

this story is literally ass.

but it's okay bc yeah and tell me like what you want to happen in the actually story because i'm still trying to decide and were just gonna pretend jackie doesn't like cole because it wouldn't make sense for the story yk and yeah so tell me what should happen i guess.