002. cool

season 1 episode 1

THE NEXT MORNING, everyone was downstairs eating breakfast, well almost everyone

THE NEXT MORNING, everyone was downstairs eating breakfast, well almost everyone. jackie had still not come down yet, but no on seemed to care much. rory and isa were sitting together in silence while eating while everything around them was chaos, typical walter morning. lee on his skateboard, rumples missing, alex laughing at katherine, and one crowded kitchen. "bus is leaving in five" cole says. rory and isa look at each other quickly running back upstairs grabbing everything they would need to get through the school day.

everyone started to get in the car when they seen jackie just standing by the door looking confused yet terrified. "come on, new york. get in." they heard cole say. isaac started complaining on how jackie was supposedly taking too long. "shut up isaac, she's literally right there." isa said rolling her eyes at the boy. alex practically sprang out of the car when jackie started walking up to it, giving her his seat. "what's that all about." rory whispered to her sister, making sure no one could hear. "i don't know, he's probably like in love with her. he's been staring at her ever since she got here." the younger girl responded, rory nodding in response.

"hey, guys, we got a full car today, so that means, isaac, no offering rides to random cheerleaders." cole said, making isa look at isaac, but he just yelled an okay back at his cousin. "hey, and we leave at 3:30. okay?" the older blonde boy said making sure everyone knows when to get back. everyone getting out of the car was hectic as usual, doors slamming in faces, yelling at each other, and the regular pushing and shoving. "cole we get it, 3:30. blah blah blah" rory said clearly annoyed on how many times he's said it. "yeah, sure you do. you're always late." cole snapped at her. she just muttered a whatever in response. isa basically dragged rory to the back of the car, practically begging rory to not make her go to school today. "no isa, you have to go today. you're literally never here, we can't cover for you all the time." rory said, slightly pissed off since this is a daily occurrence for the two.

jackie finally got out of the car, followed by nathan and danny. "so, what do you think." cole interrupted the for once, peaceful silence between everyone. "it's... big." jackie answered nervously. "not like them fancy manhattan schools, huh?" cole said making jackie roll her eyes. rory was about to say something but before she could, erin came running over to cole, yelling his name. "hi." the girl said before basically making out with cole in the school's parking lot. "hey erin." aurora said. the two had always been friends, even though erin could be rude sometimes, she was always nice to aurora. "hey rory." erin answered. "see you, ro. and good luck today, new york." cole said before walking off with his arm around erin.

the two sisters walked into school together, like always, before parting ways to go to their separate classes. rory's first class was with the one and only, cole walter. everyone got their test results back, the blonde girl nervously looked down at her paper being relieved when she seen the A+. on the other hand, she looked over at cole's paper, seeing his disapointed look on his face and the reason being the D-. he sighed and looked over at aurora before crumpling his paper and walking over to her. "how'd you do ro?" he questioned sadly. "uhm, a 100." she said nervously. "how about you?" she asked, even through she knew the answer. "failed it." he said looking down. "oh, maybe i could help you study next time?" she said, genuinely wanting him to get back to at least decent grades. "yeah, that'd be nice. thanks ro." he said, throwing an arm around her shoulder walking them out of class and to the lunchroom. rory always sat at cole's lunch table, i mean she was sorta friends with most of them anyway. isa on the other hand, always sat with isaac no matter what. they were always together, having most of their classes together most of their lives anyway. the two, plus lee, were laughing at who knows what, per usual.

jackie slowly walked into the cafeteria, catching cole and alex's eye. before alex could stand up, cole was already half way to jackie bringing her to the front of the line grabbing her food. "alight everyone, this is new york. new york... this is everyone" cole said, introducing her to his friends. "its jackie, actually." she said smiling. "hi." olivia said happily, receiving a glare from erin. "hey jackie." rory said, happy to finally have someone new to talk to at lunch. "guys, move over." cole said almost laughing. "it's pretty cramped already." erin said, obviously not wanting jackie to sit with them. cole then gave jackie his seat next to erin.

unlucky for auroa, there was cheer practice right after school so she didn't ride home with the walters. her and erin walked to the locker rooms together, talking about their classes they had together and random cheer stuff before jackie got mentioned. "so jackie lives with you guys, huh? it must suck." erin asked the girl next to her. "i mean, she's only been here a couple days and she's actually pretty sweet." she answered honestly. "yeah, sure." erin said unconvinced before they both went to their separate lockers to change.

isa, isaac, and lee ran to the car right after school so cole wouldn't leave them at school. they all got in the car and cole drove away as soon as 3:30 hit. "hey, wait!" they heard jackie yell from outside the school before cole drove off. "cole, you should've waited for her." isa said mad at the older boy. "i told her 3:30, didn't i?" he said, continuing driving.

after cheer, erin and rory drove home listening to music and singing. they turned the music down when they pulled in, seeing a blue car in front of them. "see you tomorrow erin." rory said waving goodbye. "see you." erin said before driving off. she ran a hand through her hair sighing, being exhausted from cheer. jackie then stepped out of the blue car saying bye to skylar and grace. "hey jackie." rory said smiling at her. "hey." jackie said also smiling. "oh hey aurora, nice to see you." the two in the car said. "hey guys." she said waving at them. grace then drove off leaving jackie and aurora alone.

"so, how was school jackie." aurora asked. "it wasn't that bad i guess." she responded, taking a deep breath. "agreed." rory said letting out a breathy laugh. the two girls walked, rory closing the door behind them. cole, isaac, and danny were all sat on the couch watching something on the tv. lee skated up towards the two girls scaring aurora in the process. "oh, hey lee." she said giggling. "what's up." he said back to her before watching jackie walk to the kitchen. "hey ro, how was cheer." cole asked, still focused on the tv. "it was fine, same thing as always." she answered before walking upstairs to her room. all she heard was a cool coming from cole. cool?? she thought, that's all he could say? whatever, she muttered under her breath.

as soon as rory walked into her room, she heard george yell that it's time for food. she groaned throwing her two bags on the floor. "hurry up." isa said to her sister. "go without me i need to wash my hands." rory said walking to the bathroom. "suit yourself." isa said basically running downstairs to her seat at the table, which happened to be next to isaac. rory finally got downstairs and sat beside cole. their conversation got interrupted by a shriek coming from jackie. she had accidentally grabbed rumple, scaring her and making her spill spaghetti down her sweater. all the boys immediately erupted in laughter, but not isa and rory. they felt awful for her. "stop it! please." katherine yelled, making everyone shut up instantly. "look. i know its a bit of an adjustment to have a new person in the house, but jackie has been through more than most of us can imagine. so i just need you all to understand that." katherine said seriously. "and were gonna treat her with kindness and with respect just like you do everyone else in the world. understood?" george said sternly. everyone went back to eating, except no one dared to say anything. rory just picked at her food with her fork, eating maybe five noodles at most.

the two pierce sisters, laid separately in their own beds watching their own things on their computers. rory decided to shut her computer and lay down completely under her covers. she fell asleep almost as soon as her head hit the pillow. but for her sister, she stayed up almost the whole night just laying in her bed, failing to fall asleep.

1,520 words

__________

authors note

guys were gonna pretend the whole jackie and erin after school argument thing happened during school ad not after so it makes sense with the cheer practice plot. i literally had no idea what to name this chapter so i just kinda picked something from the chapter and did it. i hope u guys liked this and merry christmas eve if you celebrate!!! writing this while rewatching all gilmore girls christmas episodes in my christmas pj's with my christmas lights and christmas tree in my christmas blanket with my christmas lotion on. !im actually having sm fun writing this because i get to make whatever i want happen and yeah. i know and im sorry about the fact that this is probably poorly written but this is my first book like ever so yeah. new chap might not be up for a few days because of christmas and i haven't even started a new one yet, normally i do immediately after publishing one chapter but it's christmas eve so i'm just gonna rest and watch tv.