001. sweetheart

season 1 ep 1

AURORA WAS laid out on one of the many chairs by the walter's pool reading the book she just bought, shatter me

AURORA WAS laid out on one of the many chairs by the walter's pool reading the book she just bought, shatter me. "hey ro why don't you come join me in the pool." cole said, using the nickname he gave her when she first moved in. "no i already told you, i just washed my hair i cant get it wet." rory spoke, her voice clearly laced in annoyance. "whatever, suit yourself." he said dipping him head underwater. "hey do any of you know when the new girl is getting here?" the blonde girl spoke. parker shook her head no, and the other two kids didn't answer "uh soon i think, but why do you care anyway?" cole asked. "well i don't know i just feel sorry for her i guess." she said at last. the boy only hummed in response, going back to swimming with albert. jordan, parker, and benny then ran up to her, the younger two jumping on her chair asking her to play with them. meanwhile, jordan just filmed everything like usual, rory smiled and waved at the camera being used to it.

"hey, everyone, this is jackie." will said with a slightly raised voice so everyone could hear him over the kids laughter. "hello" said jackie, "hey" parker said giggling at her younger brother. "that's parker over there, and that's benny." benny just stood there smiling awkwardly at the two. "oh and that's aurora, but you can call her rory, and thats her sister, isa, well isabel." will spoke, "hey it's so nice to finally meet you!" rory said walking down towards them shaking jackie's hand, isa doing the name. "hi, it's nice to meet you guys too." jackie said.

cole then came out of the water flipping his hair and slowly getting out of the pool and stealing rory's chair. great, now my clothes are sopping wet aurora thought. she watched as jackie stared at cole like he was some sort of greek god. "wanna introduce yourselves?" will questioned. "she'll figure it out." the blonde boy spoke, smirking in a teasing manner at jackie. "that's cole." will and aurora said at the same time, just before jordan came running at jackie recording her. "um, hi?" jackie spoke, clearly confused. "jordan, aspiring film director." will said, trying to get him to back up. "jordan, leave her alone please." rory said, being able to tell jackie was confused and nervous.

albert came running out of the pool, and before anyone could stop him, he shook all over jackie getting her drenched in wet dog water. everyone laughed except will and rory. will began taking the girl inside giving her a towel, quickly turning around "hey, start bringing jackie's stuff upstairs. okay?" he said clearly directed towards the boy relaxed on the lounge chair. "cole." will said annoyed, "i heard you." cole groaning. "you could at least try and be nicer to her you know, shes been through a lot, cole." rory said while walking up to cole, pushing him off of her clothes. "yeah well she's gonna have to get used to it , ro." he said mocking her while walking over to where jackie's boxes were.

cole and will eventually came back outside to get more boxes. rory soon came running over asking to help while trying to grab a box from the top, but starting to fall over instead. "woah, we got it alright, stay back sweetheart." cole said teasing the girl next to him while reaching over her head with one hand on her waist keeping them both in place to grab the box she failed to reach, she rolled her eyes to cover up the fact her face was clearly heating up from the nickname. will then cleared his throat "hey where'd isa go?" he questioned, "oh uhm, she went inside to play games with isaac i think." aurora said.

later that night, everyone was outside getting ready to eat. isaac was chasing isa with a pool noodle around the yard. despite her attempts to escape, he caught up to her lightly tackling her making them both fall, resulting in laughter from the two. on the other hand, cole, parker, and rory were all playing football together, well more like rory was watching the two play football since she can't throw a football more than like ten feet despite being a cheerleader all her life.

after dinner they all went upstairs to their separate rooms getting ready for bed. "so, how's it going with isaac huh?" rory said teasing her little sister about her crush. "i don't know, i don't think he likes me like that." she answered sadly, getting under her covers. "trust me, you're all he ever talks about. it's always isa this, isa that." the older girl said making her voice deeper at the end. "whatever, it doesn't matter i'm going to sleep so goodnight." isa said finally. "okay goodnight." rory said before laying down herself.

844 words

______________

authors note!

first chapter is doneeee!!

this only took like an hour so i hope it's good but idk i always have my friend read it before i publish anything so i hope u like it. the amount of times i changed the last paragraph is not okay but whatever i guess. so incase you didn't know, aurora is captain of the cheer team (pretend erin isn't) and cole obvi was captain of the football team and she's on student council and isabel plays volleyball. i literally hate that the paragraphs look soooo different on my phone vs computer because they're not that long on my computer, but when i check everything on my phone the paragraphs look actually huge and it's pissing me off. i'll try to make the rest of my chapters longer so yeah. merry christmas eve eve if you celebrate, if not hope u have a great saturday! i might have another chap out tonight or tomorrow but if not probably monday or tuesday because i need to spend time with my family for the holidays. anyways thank u guys sm for 264 reads that's insane i didn't think anyone would read this and this story is #27 in the #alexwalter which is wild because this is literally a cole story, anyways have a good day and sorry for any spelling errors if there is any.