Chapter 3

"Hmm, let's start with episode 1 of season 2: Lady Rachel Lily Monchy died in the lake by suicide".

Following that, the main character Ara and Crowned Prince Hugo Carlyle were married.

After I was banished to the north, the wedding proceeded as planned. The love triangle narrative will then continue to develop.

OMG! She clamps her jaw shut as she replays the memories from the wild post-story shenanigans of season 2. I mean, our trio of heroes got into some serious xxx super steamy scenes.

There were threesomes, bondage, and enough 50 shades to fill a library. No wonder this TV series is a sensation with millions of fans.

You go girl female lead! Handling two men at once with all these 50 shades of gray activities—you're setting a whole new standard!

In this story, the main characters are downright insane, violent, and heartless. It's not just the steamy scenes—the male lead character gives off serious Yandere vibes that you'd find in books and movies.

Now that I've nailed down the plot, I can't shake off the question: Why, despite Rachel's influential family power in the south, was I banished to this corner of the country?

Enter Rachel Lily Monchy—a wealthy and controversial family residing in the southern capital. The youngest child of Marquis Henry and Lily Ann Monchy, Rachel earned herself the title of the goddess of the south, thanks to her unparalleled beauty and a string of infamous scandals. Known as the aristocratic flower, you can catch her featured prominently on page 2 of the southern capital news daily.

Rachel's chance at becoming the duchess of Astrid in the north went down the drain when she failed the mana rites at the temple at the tender age of seven. However, the Carlyle royal family in the south had a different plan—they offered her parents a betrothal to the crown prince Hugo Carlyle. Surprisingly, this turn of events brought joy to Rachel, knowing she had been disqualified from the Astrid companion selection.

With the temple backing the Astrid dukedom in the north, the Carlyle royal family sought a supporter from the Monchy household to maintain trust among the southern nobilities. It was crucial to strike a balance of power. Stirring in the upper echelons of southern nobility were factions of resistance, asserting that the Astrid dukedom was the rightful holder of royal power, rooted in the history of the empire.

The southern nobility divided into two factions, with Marques Reagan Camelon leading the opposing force.
The Marquess of Camelon had a strategic plan to elevate his family's political power by arranging a marriage between his daughter and the Carlyle aristocracy, specifically Crown Prince Hugo Carlyle. Seeking comparable political influence to the Marquess of Monchy, he formed a faction opposing the Carlyle royal family. Using the Astrid dukedom, he aimed to create discord between the two dynastic families, asserting that his family deserved power on par with the Monchy family.

Despite Astrid and Carlyle's deep-rooted family connections spanning three hundred years, Marquess Camelon failed to drive a wedge between them due to their strong bonds. It's worth noting that Hugo and Sebastian are blood cousins because of the maternal relation shared by Astrid and Carlyle.

To counteract Marquess Camelon's growing influence, King Joseph Carlyle took decisive action. He issued an edict mandating the marriage between his son, Crown Prince Hugo Carlyle, and Lady Rachel Lily Monchy.

The engagement between Rachel Lily Monchy and Hugo Carlyle was formalized when she was 12 years old and Hugo was 15. Despite Rachel falling in love with Hugo during their engagement ceremony, he viewed their relationship purely as a political arrangement. At a young age, Rachel's beauty exceeded that of other noble ladies, but Hugo did not feel any romantic attraction towards her.

Hugo's lack of affection for Rachel stemmed from her ruthless actions and shallow mindset. Her self-centered nature, focus on enjoyment, and habit of belittling other nobility, particularly those considered inferior, contributed to Hugo forming a biased opinion of her. While Hugo generally didn't mind such trivial matters, he grew concerned about Rachel's behavior when she humiliated women who showed him respect, resorting to violence with slapping and kicking in front of large crowds.

Faced with Rachel's uncontrollable violent tendencies and her notoriety for vulgar behavior in upper southern society, Hugo pleaded with his father to annul the engagement. King Joseph's refusal to break off the engagement strained the father-son relationship, creating tensions between them.

Hugo and Rachel attended Ashford Academy, and their lives took a turn after encountering Ara Monchy Clavel. Ara, in stark contrast to Rachel, is a simple beauty with captivating green eyes and golden hair. She is reserved and often found in the library, engrossed in her studies. While Hugo is in his senior year, both Ara and Rachel recently enrolled as freshmen. Sebastian has completed the first year of his apprenticeship as a duke after finishing his academy studies.

Ashford Academy provides an apprenticeship program tailored for royals and nobility aiming to carry on their family's roles. The program spans two years and functions as a succession study. It was established to offer equal opportunities to the successors of noble houses, assessing each candidate's qualifications based on four years of academic study and two years of academy apprenticeship.

In an effort to showcase the importance of hard work in earning titles rather than relying on family status, both the Carlyle and Astrid royal families embrace this contemporary tradition. Moreover, the program fosters networks and alliances crucial for their future political responsibilities.

During their sophomore year, Ara Clavel captured the attention of both Hugo and Sebastian. Secretly hoping for the admiration of these two formidable men at the academy, Ara's preference between Hugo and Sebastian in season one remains unknown. In one episode, she ventured into Sebastian's room, leading to a sensual encounter. In a bid to persuade the Pope to test her blood during the mana completion rites at the temple, Ara came dangerously close to using her body to manipulate Duke Sebastian.

Ara was not invited to the temple to carry out the rites because her family is from the Clavel barony. She is convinced that she possesses the mana necessary to reverse the Astrid's Successor Madness curse because she frequently dreams about her gift.

Given her father's family background, Ara has consistently been treated as a second-class citizen. The Clavel family occupies lower-level administrative positions in the northern empire. Ara's mother, hailing from the southern branch of the illustrious Monchy family, chose to marry the baron of Clavel [Ara's mother is the sibling of Rachel's father].

Ara found it unfair that her cousin Rachel Lily Monchy, residing in the southern capital, had it all—her status name, fortune, and political influence. She felt Rachel had nothing to offer beyond her beauty and family power.

With determination, Ara vowed to surpass Rachel's inherited status when she eventually ascended to the position of duchess of the north.

In her efforts, she attempted to convince Sebastian to partake in her completion rites. Despite her attempts at seduction, he steadfastly refused, unwilling to disrupt the established order of selection at the temple. Consequently, she redirected her focus to the crown prince. Hugo, captivated by her innate beauty and intelligence, fell under her spell.

Hence, the R-19 scenes unfolded in Hugo's room at the academy. She enticed Hugo with her body and beauty, successfully persuading him to call off his engagement to Rachel.

"Ah.. ah.. ah.. ah., your royal highness please don't."

Ara arches her body, offering herself more to Hugo. The crown prince is indulging in the intimacy between her legs when she suddenly sobs and informs him that they can no longer engage in these romantic activities because he is still engaged to Rachel.

Deprived of this heavenly and intoxicating lust, the crown prince starts behaving like a crazy dog. He informs his father that he will break off the engagement with Rachel because he has fallen in love with another Monchy maiden. Once again, the King rejects his requests, causing significant damage to the father-son relationship.
Hugo turns to Sebastian for advice on persuading his father to annul the engagement with Rachel. Sebastian is surprised by the intensity of Hugo's feelings for Ara.

Upon discovering Hugo's affection for Ara, Sebastian gives in to his cousin's happiness and convinces the King to call off the engagement, citing Rachel's immodest behavior as rendering her unfit to rule the Southern Empire.

[POV in the TV Series: Sebastian's feelings for Ara remain a unknown until the conclusion of season 4. Fans have speculated that Sebastian might have only used Ara to cure the curse in his blood.]

King Carlyle agreed to Duke Sebastian Astrid's proposal out of fear that the faction party would use the engagement issue to sow discord between the two royal families. The Astrid dukedom family possesses the strongest military bloodline, making them invincible on the battlefield. They play a crucial role as the defense of the southern royal family against monsters and neighboring kingdoms, earning them the title of the Kratoryah Empire's strongest fortress. The northern region's power is on par with that of the Carlyle Empire, and it operates under independent rules and systems.