Chapter 2

I wake up with a terrible headache, and the maid next to me is crying out loud.

"Holy molly! What in the world is that noise?!"

Surprisingly, the maid hugged me tightly and jumped for joy while crying.

"My lady, you are awake? You are not dead. Thank you for waking up, my lady, oh my."

I gasp, still confused, thinking that we were shooting in the Bahamas for my new commercial. But wait a minute, why do I have a maid? And lady? Then, I noticed a pink hair with an ashy blond hue falling onto my shoulder.

Did the commercial director tell me to wear a colorful wig? But then I abruptly stood up and looked in the mirror—what a beauty! OMG! Who is this stunning woman? Even though I was a beauty in my previous world, she is the real deal, girl! The goddess!

Take a look at how her droopy, big eyes and lashes sparkle. No need for extensions, and as for the color of my eyes, I've never seen anything more vividly blue than the brightest sky.

Look at this body, oh my! I wonder if the boobs are a 34 D size. Both the skin and the waist. Did they force me to wear clothes for aesthetic reasons? But hold on, she seems so familiar. The images that suddenly appeared in my head were not my own.

"No no no no no!" This is impossible to be! Not her! Why her? She is a tragic example of a villainous character who will pass away in season 2. She didn't even make it to season three, for goodness' sake!

This lovely aesthetics serve no purpose. She took her pitiful life by drowning herself in the lake after being abandoned by her family and banished to the north for her crimes.

Rachel Lily Monchy. The house of Marcquis Monchy. The most beautiful lady in the empire with a villainous heart.

According to rumors, her mother Marchioness Lily Ann Monchy prayed to the goddess of the light dragon for her to be endowed with unmatched beauty.

Really! But why didn't you ask her for her brains? And I entered the television series? She is filled with so many inquiries.

I have a suspicion that this is the crime scene where I was banished. One maid was left here alone to die, and the house is very familiar.

"Hey! What's your name?"
The maid loudly sobbed once more before dropping to her knees.

"My lady! Did you lose your memory after you drowned in the lake?" The maid is utterly horrified.

"Yes, I seem not to remember who I am, but I have blurred memories." I look at her in a confused state.

"My Lady, let me call a Doctor, I am sorry my lady it's all my fault, please forgive me for not taking care of you." She got hysterical more when I admitted that I can't remember who I am.

"Aisshhh it's alright I feel better now though my memories are still not there, come here tell me your name." After I ask her to come over, she seems so confused by my behavior.

"My lady, please punish me! I did not take care of my lady." She keeps on crying while trembling very badly.

I have no choice but to get up from my bed and take her to my arms while patting her back and saying,

"Hush now hush, I am fine it's not your fault, everything will be alright."

She suddenly stops crying and looks at me widely with her cute round eyes. Ah, this universe setting!

Everyone is so pretty! Look at her cute little face and eyes.

"My lady, my name is Corine, and I'm your personal maid since you were 10 years old. I will accompany you till my last breath, my lady." She said earnestly while clasping my hand.

I gesture yes so she can stop crying. First, I need to check what year is this and this place just to confirm my hunch.

As far as I recall, this marks the first episode of season 2, featuring the death of the body's original owner and the wedding of Rachel's cousin, Ara, to the crown prince.

Indeed, Ara is Rachel's cousin, and they attended the same academy in Ashford.

"Corine, tell me what year it is and where are we?"

She is confused for a while and answers me.

"My lady, this is the year 1022 of the Great Kratoryah empire, and we are now in the north, the territory of his majesty the Grand Duke Sebastian Astrid. Have you forgotten, my lady? You were exiled after you were..." She hesitated for a moment and bit her lips before she continues...

"You were falsely accused of poisoning the newly crowned Princess Ara, your cousin, my lady."

So, it stands to reason that I am in the first episode of season 2 of this TV show. But the original Rachel should be dead, right? And as for why I was still alive, well, my soul had transmigrated here to serve as cannon fodder for people who ought to have passed away by now.

"What a tragic fate is this?" Let's settle down and collect our thoughts, then.

'I have to light her a candle later to pray for her soul, may you rest in peace, goddess. It's a pity this vessel is too beautiful to be a cannon fodder.'

Ok, let's concentrate and arrange the events.

"Corine, can you get me a journal and a pencil? I need to write something. And oh, you can rest for now."

Corine happily followed my instruction and gives me the things I asked her.

Alright, time to jot down my survival plan in this journal. Wishing myself a peaceful and drama-free life until I return to my world. And you know what? Steering clear of all the main characters in this TV series is my golden rule.

Let the low-key life begin!