Chapter 5

If I'm not mistaken, she is the infamous Rachel Lily from the Monchy household, who was the crown prince's ex-fiancée. What is she doing here in the government townhall?

'I read the other day in the newspaper that she had been deposed of her title and exiled here in the north. I've heard a lot of unfavorable things about her, but it appears that the woman in front of me is not who I first thought she was.' Anne thought while looking at the lady in front of her.

"Allow me to give my sincere apology for my lack of manners. I am Rachel Lily Monchy my lady, I hope you can forgive me."

Rachel thought that the lady in front of her is of nobility due to her stature and manners. She's also very pretty! Wow!

"Oh my, Lady Rachel, your apology is well accepted. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Lady Anne Van Leyn of the Marquis family of the north," she bowed to her like she is the same nobility as Monchy.

"It's my pleasure to meet you, Lady Anne Van Leyn. Please drop the formalities, as I'm no longer part of the Monchy nobility family. Then, we will headfirst."

As Rachel and her maid Corine are about to go, she was suddenly stopped by Anne.

"If you don't mind me asking, Rachel, may I know why you are here in the registration sector? I will be glad to help if you require any assistance."

"Thank you so much for your generosity, Lady Anne. I am here to inquire about the property that was on sale in the middle of the center. I plan to buy it and use it for my business plan."

Anne was shocked when she heard Rachel's plan to buy the unused property in the center. It wasn't sold for a long time because the building was owned by a fallen noble family.

"If you may, Rachel, I can help you facilitate that property. My brother is working in the finance department, and I can ask him if the property is available for sale now."

"Lady Anne, I am indebted to your kindness. If you are available, may I invite you for a cup of coffee to discuss my plans."

Rachel looks at Anne with a polite smile on her face. Anne almost gasped in awe at how this beauty can hypnotize her by saying yes to her immediately.
In the end, they went to the coffee shop nearby and had a friendly talk about her business plan and Rachel's life in the north.

With Anne, Rachel discussed her business plan to transform the structure into a department store and invite other vendors to set up shop inside of it to create a single shopping area.

Since this business model doesn't yet exist in their kingdom, Anne thought the idea was brilliant and unusual.

She offers to invest her money in Rachel's business idea, so she asks if Rachel would like to be her business partner. She had no idea the Monchy family's lady was so intelligent and business-savvy.

'Without having met the person and spoken to them directly, you can't just believe the rumors, of course. She has never met anyone as charming and lovely as Lady Rachel.'

Rachel's captivating smile and that incredibly sweet voice had the power to enchant Anne, leading her to abruptly decide to become her business partner without thoroughly checking her background.

Finally, they parted ways after 3 hours of conversation, planning to meet again the following day to discuss the paperwork for their business.

The fortuitous meeting with Anne, a member of one of the most powerful families in the north, whose father served as a vassal of the Duke of Astrid Family, was indeed a stroke of great luck for Rachel. Not to mention Anne's esteemed status as one of the well-known northern ladies.

>>Southern Kingdom. <<

Meanwhile, in the south, people are celebrating the wedding of the Crowned Prince and newly crowned Princess Ara. In the banquet, Duke Sebastian Astrid went to the balcony and seemed to be thinking.
"You are here, Sebastian. I was looking all over for you," Ara followed the Duke onto the balcony while sweetly calling his name.

Sebastian Astrid and Ara had a complicated past. Ara couldn't manipulate the Duke to her wishes, and she changed her target to Hugo as the easy prey.

Hugo, who always wears the biggest smile in the room and maintains a calm demeanor, stands in stark contrast to Sebastian. Sebastian never smiles and always maintains a serious expression, surrounded by a dangerous and powerful energy. Offending the Duke of the North can be perilous, as his dark aura exudes strong masculinity, and one look into his ruby eyes can make you tremble.

Sebastian is portrayed as the night, while Hugo embodies the day. Sebastian has dark midnight black hair and ruby eyes, in contrast to Hugo's blond hair and crimson eyes.

[POV IN THE TV SERIES: The show's writers deliberately shaped Sebastian as a cold and tyrannical character, evoking a mix of love and hatred from the fans. In the season 5 finale, Sebastian refrains from explicitly expressing his love for Ara, creating uncertainty among viewers.
The storyline evolves as a gripping love story, marked by bloodshed, with the hefty production cost primarily linked to the war settings introduced in the final season.]

Sebastian knew that Ara followed him, and he just look at her with a straight face.

"Sebastian, why are you avoiding me?" She almost teared up, looking at him with a confused face.

"Crown Princess, I didn't expect you to follow me here.
You are the wife of my brother (he considered Hugo as his brother as they grew up together). Let's leave it at that."

"Sebastian, please! You know my heart; it has Hugo and you. And the blood curse, you haven't found another companion to cure the madness. I am willing to sacrifice my body just to prove to you that I have the gift of mana from the Goddess of Light Dragon."

"Stop this nonsense, Crown Princess. Congratulations on your wedding, and I wish both of you happiness. I must leave then."

The duke was about to leave when Ara suddenly hugged him from behind.

"Sebastian, why are you so cold? I can help you; please let me help you. Hugo will understand. You help us to be together, and he loves you like a brother." She almost cried while pleading not to leave her.

However, the two people on the balcony having a conflicted conversation were suddenly interrupted by the Crown Prince.

"Ahem. Here are the both of you. Ara, can I have a word with Sebastian? I need to talk with him about an important matter."

It was an awkward moment when Hugo witnessed the scene of Ara hugging Sebastian; his heart felt bitter about what he saw.

Ara released Sebastian and walked out, glancing back at the two men she held dear in her heart.

"Hugo, I apologize if what you saw made you uncomfortable; you have nothing to worry about it." Sebastian looked at Hugo sincerely.

"Sebastian, my big brother, don't apologize. I am alright; she is my wife, and I trust you. I know that you will never betray me."

Sebastian felt guilty and uncomfortable that his cousin trusted him without a doubt.

"By the way, big brother, let's stop this uncomfortable conversation; I would like to talk with you about the war in the East. Let's discuss it in my office."

The two had a deep conversation about the upcoming war in the East. The Kratoryah Empire holds the strongest power among the countless kingdoms in this world. It can stop and win the war if the kingdom they choose to support is on their side. The Duke of Astrid can subdue a kingdom without a blink should he use his military powers.

"If the East will be successful in winning this war, they will use their weapon to launch a war with us. I heard a rumor from our spy in the East that they found the sword of the Light Goddess Dragon, which can pierce the heart of the Astrid."

Upon hearing the ridiculous lies of the eastern kingdom, Sebastian just scoffed in astonishment.
A guardian can't be killed by a magic sword or any weapon, as his power is linked to the Dragon Gods.