THE GOLDEN KNIGHT'S DAYS

Sunlight shone through a canopy above me. Tall and thick trees stood to look at the sun as moss, grass, and fern made a soft blanket of greenery on the forest floor. Some of the plants were large, had their giant leaves spread out, and were beautifully set on the right corners of the forest. Some were small, like the moss that spread so far across the forest's wet rocks and dead branches. The cool air and warm sunlight gently kissed my face. It was... Refreshing. In the last dream, I was on a.... I don't remember.
As I lay on the forest floor, a knight with slightly rusted armor came into my blurry vision. No sooner, I could feel all my senses, unlike the last dream where I only felt an intense temperature biting on me. The scent of the rainy forest, the cool temperature underneath the canopy, and the tingling of the knight's voice were refreshing. It was almost as if I was alive.

"Oi mate! You feeling good?! You've been there for a while now. Just found you this mornin' too! " The knight had a deep and thick English accent. His voice rumbled slightly in my ears as his void white eyes stared into me through the slits of his slightly rusted helmet. "You look... Strange? And also quite young..." Yes, he was right, The long ocean blue cloak I wore and the red bead necklace around my neck made me look weird. And he was right about that too, I was young.

"Augh... Morning?..." I could suddenly talk! I hastily stood up ran my hands through my hair and caressed myself violently on the face and arms. Not a ghost. Not a ghost anymore... At least, not in a ghostly state. "Morning! Ah! Oh my gosh! Am-am- am I real?... No more dreams??" I hesitantly asked as I stared into the knight's eyes. I might have given him a heart attack considering the way I stood up, and rummaged my hands on his helmet, and how I touched the grass-moss combination on the ground.

"Dreams? You must be a crazy kid!" He laughed as he picked me up by my cloak. I probably felt as light as a grape to him. "Anyway, what are you doing here? All alone in a forest. This is western Dyvoria, not eastern. You don't know what's in this part of Dyvoria," He said with a gentle tone as he put me back on my feet and set me on the ground.

"I don't care what part of Dyvoria I'm in, I'm awake!!" I crazily and happily held the giant knight's hands and spun around him like a child. The knight laughed as he watched me spin around him in frantic circles. Eventually, he invited me to go to a town with him. Reasonable, I was still a youngster so I had to follow a grown-up's orders... Unless I wanted to get myself lost in this forest and start a wilder dream... That would be a wild thought.

As we walked out of the forest, over a plain of flowers and grass, and then crossed a small stream, we finally made it near the town he was talking about when I saw the high towers of a bell tower over the distance.

"This is a beer town, and I'm going to drink some today because I'm a lucky man! And you're... only going to drink coco because you're a child," He smiled and winked at me. I awkwardly laughed in return as we saw the brown dirt path leading into the town.

Once we stepped foot into the town, we saw many men and women going about their days. Some were talking and laughing, some were doing their chores, some were going to work, and some were going to get themselves drunk.

The knight I accompanied was one of those. We walked happily towards a small bar under the shade of a large tree. The moment we stepped in, the smell of liquor and the sound of slightly drunk and sober gentlemen filled the place with a welcoming atmosphere. The clean bar stools, the fine, calm-mannered bartender, and the clean place meant this bar had no fights at all. The knight and I sat on the seats where the bartender served. He playfully pointed a finger gun at the bartender.

"Bring some good vodka for me will ya'? And bring this good kid some hot chocolate... Found him in a forest all alone!" The knight said to the bartender. He passed ten gold coins to the bartender and he began making our drinks. Huh, prices were lower back then...