HAILEY

I awoke in what looked like the command center of a spaceship. People were calm, some looked distressed, and others were crying. A hard red warning light flashed across the now dark white room as the whispers of many prayers and sobbing people went on and on. Suddenly, a bright golden light shone through the command center's viewing window. I stood up to get a better view. It was a sea of dust and gas clouds orbiting around a large expanse of nothingness.

Metal began to slowly screech as the whispers of prayers and sobbing became louder. The automated warning alarm voice blared through the hallways, some crew members screamed and ran through the outside hallways, and the golden sea of dust shined brighter and brighter as we got closer. At that moment, I realized the ship was falling into a black hole. But everything hasn't torn apart yet... How strange.

Two men in front of me hugged each other. They might be brothers. Two sisters behind me held their hands as tight as they could. A young man hiding under a metallic desk prayed, and a woman looked through some files on the computer, smiling at them while crying. They were accepting their deaths...

"Please, don't crash into the accretion disk. Please, dear goodness don't crash..." cried one of the men under another table as a woman wrote a message on the main computer to send it back to their planet.

"Nearing Roche Limit. Nearing Roche Limit. Immediately propel away. Nearing Roche Limit..." the automated voice of the system's warning blared, and it repeatedly blared on and on. More and more metal screeched as the ship continued to spiral nearer and nearer into the black hole. The alarms blared louder, the red lights furiously shone brighter, and the golden flare of the accretion disk became stronger with every passing kilometer the ship traveled.

Instantly, everything shut off. The alarms, the system, and all the lights and electronics shut down. Everybody screamed and cried as they went nearer and nearer. Now, from left and right, the sound of creaking and screeching metal could be heard. The gaping darkness of the black hole grew larger and larger in our view. Larger, larger, and larger, until... All that remained was darkness and the silence of crushing emptiness.