Twinsies

It was a quiet morning in June of 1903. Which was unusual now that the Kelly's had a eight month year old who loved to be the family's unexpected, unintentional wake up call.

The sun was glistening in through the windows and through the white fabrics which hung in front of them. The light spread throughout the medium sized bedroom an lightly danced on the inhabitants faces. That morning, Jack Kelly woke up early. He had no idea why, he just did. Jack figured that even four years after being an official Newsie, he still had that instinct to get up at outrageous hours to wake up the rest of the boys and start with the day. Now, working as an artist for The Sun, he still had to get up early, just about two hours later however.

He sighed, trying to differ with his body and fall back asleep again, holding his wife, Katherine, closer to him. He nuzzled his face into her lovely hair and closed his eyes, hearing a satisfied sigh from Her. He smiled before trying to let himself fall asleep again. He spent about ten minutes trying to sleep when, with a groan, he gave up. Reluctantly, he pulled his arms away from his wife and kissed the side of her head before getting out of the semi-comfortable bed. Without waking, she rolled over to his side of the bed and curled up with his pillow.

She was so beautiful, especially in her sleep, he thought. She also must be exhausted.

As he thought this, he quickly grabbed a black, leather-bound sketch book, which Katherine had gotten him for Christmas two years ago. He's of corse since then used it and used most of the pages but he's always been able to use his resources wisely. For moments like these, he thought. Before he started drawing, he grabbed his beloved Newsboy hat from a hook on the wall and put it on, still liking the feel and the younger aura he felt while wearing it. When he was finally ready, he begun sketching the tired angel in front of him.

Katherine had spent almost the entire night trying to lull their son, William Joseph Kelly to sleep. Jack would try and take him from her so she could sleep but she refused saying that she's got him. So stubborn that girl, but he loved her all the same. So inevitably she stayed up late and ended up falling asleep holding her son, who had remains of tears on his face, in the white rocking chair in his room. Jack had come in, yawning and stretching and all, walking in to that scene. He had awed silently before walking over to Katherine and plucking his sleeping son from her arms and holding him momentarily. He swayed side to side trying to keep him asleep as he kissed his head of hair. Silently, he walked over to his crib and laid him in it, pulling a blanket up over his tiny, fragile body.

William Kelly was born on November 14, 1902 to a very anxious Jack and a very tired Katherine. He had dark brunette hair like his mother and mesmerizing blue eyes like his father. He was a cubby child, but that's all fine. He was stubborn like his mother but had a great soul. He liked to smile and laugh and to paint- a lot and (when mommy wasn't around) liked to play with her beloved typewriter. He was defenatly a daddy's boy and Jack didn't mind at all.

When he was sure he would rest for a while, he turned to look at his wife. He smiled and walked over to her. He crouched so he could look at her right in the face. He lightly shook her arm muttering," Ace, sweetheart wake up".

She stirred, opening her eyes so she could see from slits. "Huh?," she muttered.

Jack gave her a comforting smile before leaning forwards and kissing her forehead," C'mon, Ace. Lets getcha to bed".

And before she could protest, Jack picked her up from the chair and carried her bridal- style to their bedroom. Needless to say, Katherine fell asleep again on the way there. Jack chuckled as he gently set her down in their bed. He covered her with the brown covers before stepping back to take her in. He smiled once more and before he lost the image, he found his sketchbook and pencils and drew a lovely, realistic picture of his wife and son sleeping in almost no time. Once he finished, he joined her in the bed, wrapping his arm around her and whispering," I love ya, Ace", in her ear before falling asleep himself.