Prologue

2017
Present

“Will you two walk faster!? We’re going to be late for the first subject. Ugh– why did I come with you?”

“Because you love us.” Yuuji teased. Itadori Yuuji and Haibara Yuu both chuckled as they sipped on their banana milk.

“Ew,” the long-haired student jokingly replied.

Satoru’s steps came to a halt, his body frozen in disbelief. His heart skipped a beat as he heard that voice.

That familiar voice.

It was the voice that had brought him comfort, a voice that he had longed to hear again for years. Satoru recognized it immediately, even though it had been a decade since he last heard it.

Could it really be?

He needs to confirm it, or his overthinking will be for nothing, so Satoru slowly turned around.

And there he stood, just as Satoru remembered him. Tall, raven-headed, beautiful face, walking with two other guys on their way to the building of senior students fighting about something.

That is his first love, his omega, and his mate, Getou Suguru.

Satoru’s breath was caught in his throat as he took in the sight of Suguru’s back facing him. Suguru’s face was turned to the side, but even from this angle, Satoru easily recognized those familiar features.

Is he a fake? No. He really looks like Suguru, even his voice, and his long black hair.

Am I hallucinating? Maybe. Maybe Satoru is seeing things again after losing Suguru years ago.

But Satoru can’t confirm anything if he’s just going to stand there. So,

“Suguru!” he called loud enough for them to hear, but the three guys including Suguru continued walking as if they didn’t hear shit. “Suguru!” Satoru called again, but this time he’s running.

He can’t be mistaken, he knows what Suguru looks like even if it’s just his back.

When he reached them, Satoru’s body moved on its own and instantly hugged the person whom he thought was Suguru.

It is him, he couldn’t be mistaken.

“Suguru... Suguru... Is it you?” Satoru almost choked a sob, but he held it back because they’re in the school’s premises. Satoru hugged him tightly and eventually sniffed his scent.

Suguru’s build right now was different. He has a smaller frame than when they were in high school, he’s also a little paler compared to his natural tan skin and his eyes. It used to be the color of a rare purple amethyst, but now they have turned golden brown.

Satoru could sense that the other guys around him were completely shocked. They don’t know each other so they’re definitely surprised. But what shocked Satoru the most was... Suguru himself.

There is something wrong. What the fuck is happening!? Why was Satoru’s omega and only mate fucking scentless!?

His heart is pounding in his chest. Here he was, standing face-to-face with Suguru, his mate, but unable to detect even a hint of his scent. Literally, there was no trace of any scent emanating from Suguru.

Suguru feels like a whole different person.

This is not Suguru?

He was about to pull away when Suguru dropped the question which caught Satoru completely off guard.

“Excuse me mister but, who are you?”

***

Author’s Note:

Thank you for reading my previous works pookies, and if you haven’t, you’re free to check it on my profile.

So, what do you think about this short introduction?

I actually want to post this on SatoSugu’s death anniversary, but I’m already sleepy and I can’t wait another hour to post it. I’ll wake up early tomorrow and we’ll be really busy the whole day so I don’t know when will be the next update. Thank you for your patience btw.

Anyway, which POVs do you want to see? Suguru? Satoru? Or both?

Detailed smut? Yes or No?

I’m warning you pookies that this is Top!Satoru and Bottom!Suguru (because of the plot), so drop it quickly if you’re uncomfortable with this.

I’ll try to respond to your queries and tweets tomorrow, goodnight ♡