Metal Wristbands and Misfit Guards

"I was scared of dentists and the dark, I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations."

———————————————

354 fucking days.

354 days wasted rotting away in this jail cell in the skybox.

Danielle had spent nearly a year sitting in the solitary confinement cell, awaiting her fate.

Her 18th birthday was in two weeks. But she doubted that anyone remembered.

She stared at the tally marks drawn on her wall with coal until a familiar creaking sound flooded her ears.

2 guards walked in, their batons at the ready.

"Yo, yo, yo, Miller!" Danielle giggled as David Miller walked towards her with a single silver wrist cuff. At least, that's what she thought it was.

"Prisoner 261, stand up, face the wall."

Danielle obeyed, standing up and facing the wall. David walked to her and said, "Sorry, this might hurt a bit", as he clipped the cuff onto her right wrist.

Danielle winced at the sting but she shook it off and allowed the guards to grab her.

Thinking that Chancellor Jaha had probably decided that she was gonna be floated early, she was pushed out into the walkway. A look of confusion flashed on her face as she saw dozens of other teen prisoners being taken out from their cells and walked in one direction.

The drop-ship holding area! That's the only place that tunnel goes! Danielle said to herself.

"What's happening? Where are we going? Why are the younger kids being taken to?" Danielle asked the guards.

But in the chaos, they didn't hear her.

"Clarke!" She heard a voice yell.

She turned her head to see who it was. She saw Clarke sprinting towards the gate, probably to escape, but she had the silver cuff on too. Did Clarke get arrested?

There were guards chasing after Clarke, and they quickly caught up, pushing her to the ground with her arms behind her back and tasering her. Danielle winced as she her Clarke groan, then fall unconscious.

Now that the commotion was over, her two guards escorted her to the tunnel.

"Nice bracelets, Reid." A boy said next to her.

She looked to the side to see who it was and internally groaned.

"Murphy." She growled.

"Woah, easy fella. So, whatcha get locked up for?" He asked.

Danielle rolled her eyes at him, trying her best to flip him off.

She wasn't even sure if he saw, but a chuckle from Murphy and and warning from the guards answered her question.

They walked a bit further, but the guards abruptly stopped and held up their hands so their comrades would follow suit.

Danielle was right. A sign hung in front of her with the words 'Warning, airlock.' printed on them in bright, bold yellow.

The guard near her stepped forward and pressed a button, opening a door.

It was the entrance to a drop ship.

The guards moved the prisoners into the drop ship, one by one, removing their handcuffs as well.

Danielle found a seat close to the farthest corner, sat down and buckled herself in. After a while, when most of the seats had been filled, and broad figure stood in front of her, casting a shadow over her face.