Shirtless Guys and a Quest for Liberation

"I'll be honest, looking at you
got me thinking nonsense."

———————————————

"Find any water yet?" Murphy asked impatiently.

"No, not yet, but, I'm going back out if you want to come." Wells said.

"You know, my father, he begged for mercy in the airlock chamber when your father floated him." Murphy said accusingly as he wrote a message with a spray paint can he had somehow gotten a hold of onto the outer drop ship wall.

"You spelled "die" wrong, genius." Wells corrected.

"If you're gonna kill someone, it's probably best not to announce it." Bellamy said, side eyeing Murphy and the other goons.

"You're not really a member of the guard, are you?" Murphy asked.

"No. The real guard will be here soon unless we stop it. You don't actually think they're gonna forgive your crimes. Even if they do, then what? Guys like us, we're gonna become model citizens now, get jobs, if we're lucky, maybe pick up their trash?" Bellamy rambled.

"You got a point?" John Mbege asked, clearly agitated with the tension even after they had successfully landed on Earth.

"No. I got a question. They locked you up, dumped you down here like lab rats to die. So why are you helping them?" The older Blake sibling asked.

"The hell we are." Mbege stated.

"You're wearing those bracelets, aren't you? Right now, those things are telling them whether or not it's safe to follow us down." Blake explained.

"Okay. You said we could stop it. How?" Murphy inquired.

"Take them off. The Ark will think you're dead, that it's not safe to follow. You follow?" Bellamy replied. It kinda reminded Danielle of a preschool teacher talking to a dribbling five-year-old.

"Right, and if we do, I mean, what's in it for us?" Murphy skeptically questioned.

"Someone has got to help me run things." Bellamy said, looking at Murphy specifically.

Danielle had been sitting, observing the group bicker for a while, and she felt like she was watching one of the boring tennis competition replays on the Ark. Her eyes just went back and forth over the people speaking, and their words soon became a blur to her ears.

She snapped back to reality when she heard Bellamy curse.

"The fuck? Some random-ass bird shit on me." Bellamy swore in annoyance.

His lip were in a thin line as he peered to the sky to see a white and grey bird flying above them.

"Ten minutes on the ground and I'm already washing my clothes." He grumbled, but Danielle took no notice of that as soon as he began to take his shirt off.

" He grumbled, but Danielle took no notice of that as soon as he began to take his shirt off

(Lil gif for the simps ( me included))

"Dani? Danielle?" She heard someone say to her before she shook herself out of the trance and saw Bellamy trying to get her attention.

"Y-Yeah?" She spluttered.

"You know how to remove bird shit from shirts?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah. Mix salt with cold water and scrub it together. And then rinse it." She managed to get out of her mouth.

"Dani, you okay?" Bellamy asked.

No, Bellamy, of course I'm not okay. You're hot as hell but also an idiot dick who needs to get his priorities straight. Taking off your shirt in front of me was the most entertainment I have gotten in years. Please do it again sometimes, I really don't mind. Danielle considered as an option to say but then remembered that it would probably scare him and weird everybody else out, so she simply said, "Yeah, peachy. Just thinking."

"Yeah, sure." He answered, "You know, most girls would be all over me already. Why aren't you yet?"

"Well, I guess I'm not like most girls then." Danielle shrugged. "You should also work on humbling your ego."

Bellamy gave her an unconvinced look but began to clean his shirt in the nearby stream.

Danielle continued to stare at Bellamy until he finished washing the shirt and collected the water.

The small group made their way back to the drop ship, and went back to whatever rebellion that Bellamy had started.

~~~

Danielle sat against a tree for a while, picking leaves and admiring the Earth around her, until she heard a commotion around the campfire, probably because of Murphy.

She creeped forward to see that the conflict was between Wells and Bellamy.

"Who's next?" She heard Bellamy roar.

"What the hell are you doing?" Wells interfered.

"We're liberating ourselves. What does it look like?" The freckled boy announced.

"It looks like you're trying to get us all killed. The communication system is dead. These wristbands are all we got. Take them off, and the Ark will think we're dying, that it's not safe for them to follow."

Danielle rolled her eyes at the childish bickering and went back to picking leaves.

A/N

For the peeps who have read this far ily guys sm! Sorry if this chapter sucks, I was too lazy to edit it. Happy new years btw for yall who are reading this around the date that I published it.

Alese <3