29

Yiseul closed her eyes, drowning out the world around her

Yiseul closed her eyes, drowning out the world around her. Sinking further down in the bathtub, she released a sigh of relief as the warm water hit her cold skin.

The female had alot on her mind. Thoughts and worries digging deep into her soul. The threads of the past tugging her behind while her strife to move forward, dragging her even down.

The unresolved issues and unanswered questions hung around her head, resoluting a turmoil through her. She felt the walls closing in on her and her chest tightening.

Yiseul arose with a jerk, gasping for air. Knelt infront of her, remained a panicked and concerned Jeonghan. His hands shaking her shoulders, which were trying to break her out of her trance.

"WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU DOING?" Jeonghan screamed in worry, tears brimming his eyes. Yiseul looked at herself, weary and muddled. She took in her appearance, her clothes soaked and drenched.

"O-ppa?!" the crack in her voice led Jeonghan to embrace her, securely. "It's alright... it's all alright" Rubbing his arms up and down her back, the male tried consoling her weary and dejected soul.

Wrapping his hands below her knees and her waist, Jeonghan carried her outside. Gently placing her own the couch, he rushed to grab a towel, drying her hair.

"Haneul?" Jeonghan was terrified beyond words but he tried keeping his composure. "I-I sent him with Mingyu." Her voice was quickering with the coldness running through her body.

"Come here" Immediately reacting, Yiseul fell into his arms. Adjusting her head against his chest, she tried calming herself down with his steady heartbeat.

Multiple assumptions ran through his head, especially with the name of Mingyu slipping through her lips. A shiver of insecurity and doubt filling his being but he ignored all of it when he noticed the trembling and shaking of Yiseul in his arms.

"Let it out" His hands found its way to her drenched hair, softly ruffling it and curling itself around his fingers. Jeonghan felt bitter at her pain, his heart aching with various reasons.

Her pain.

Her weary self.

Not knowing the reason behind her sorrow.

The utter of Mingyu rolling out her tongue.

Questions as to why her former lover had visited her.

And Haneul being away from him, a child he looked as his own son.

He hadn't noticed that Yiseul had detached herself from the clasp and headed to her wardrobe, pulling out a pair of comfortable clothes and headed to change.

Jeonghan waiting her arrival, hurried to grab her a glass of warm water. He eyed the bunch of various flavours of tea that Minghao had dropped by but knowing she didn't like those, he decided onto just plain water.

"Sorry for the scare" Yiseul foundered her way inside the room, shuffling on the edge of her bed. "H-Hey!" repeated trials led Jeonghan to finally accustom the girl, properly on her bed with her head resting against the headrest.

"What's wrong? Hmm?" tucking a loose strand of her dark raven hair, Jeonghan admiringly gazed at her who in response burned red under his eyes. "I-I" Grabbing the pillow besides her, Yiseul hit him square in the head.

"Stop staring at me like that?" Smirking at her complain, he inched closer to her. "Like what?" them flirting with each other had become a daily or rather hourly occurrence. Jeonghan loved to flirt with her and make her blush while also enjoyed the warmth spreading across his own cheeks.Whereas, Yiseul saw it as a distraction and means to move on from Mingyu.

"Want me to kiss you?" Jeonghan instantly backed away when Yiseul leaned forward, "Fuck you" the enmity still continues between them, just without dislike or hate towards each other. Their severe arguments turned to playful banter while their immense dislike transformed into comfort from each other's presence.

"So?" Yiseul braced herself at his articulation. "Mingyu had visited" even though hearing it for the second time, the knot didn't lessen in Jeonghan's stomach. "Apparently, Haneul's biological parents had abandoned him when he was young"

The twitch in expression was similar to that of Yiseul when she had heard of the story, "He grew up in an orphanage but got abducted by those jerks" Jeonghan couldn't comprehend what his little boy must have gone through.

"Mingyu asked me" she paused, "Hmm?!" Jeonghan urged her to continue. "What am I gonna do?" The male mulled over her affirmation, "I don't really know if you're asking me for an answer"

"I say" They both spoke at the same time, resulting in them snickering at that. "We keep looking after him, as his guardians until we can make a decision"

"Well, he is our son after all!" remarked Yiseul.