Prologue: Not the Only One

After waking up and checking your phone to see what time it is, you got out of your bed, put on a hoodie and jeans, and left your room.

After eating some canned fruit, you left the house and saw a couple of "Them" in front of the gate, wandering and groaning.

"Move."

Instead of attacking you, "they" apparently "listen" to you and move out of the way.

You walked through the city which has thousands of undead walking around, but you kept on walking as you went to a store, where you grabbed batteries, food, weapons, and other necessary items for your house.

As you went back outside, you saw "Them" devouring a corpse, causing you to have a flashback of when your parents and sister told you to run as "They" were about to swarm them.

As you grabbed your head, you heard their voices screaming and crying. Some of "Them" were drawn to the noise of the bags falling.

You looked down and saw one of the guns on the ground. You grabbed it and loaded it as you saw "them" getting closer.

"I'm fading anyway. My ability didn't show until after I ran. I'm all alone. I don't like this world anymore."

You then heard gunshots and saw "them" on the ground, not getting up. You heard a vehicle moving from afar, and you looked to see a Humvee getting closer.

The Humvee stopped, and four women and two men exited it and look around. You looked at the gun you were holding and aimed it at your head.

"Put the gun down."

You saw a tall and beautiful woman with waist-length blond hair running toward you.

"Please, put the gun down. Just talk to me."

You saw a vision of your sister holding her hand out, gesturing for you to stop. You shed a tear and put down the gun.

"Thank you," the woman said.

"May I ask your name?"