Chapter 2: They Found Me

You are at a grocery story gathering a bunch of food and putting them into large duffel bags.

"And that's the last of them," you said. "If only "They" would listen to others when taking and ignore them when they want to be left alone. Everyone else would call this scavenging for supplies. For me, this is just shopping without having to pay for anything."

You grabbed the duffel bags and left the store, walking past a bunch of "Them" and managing to avoid getting attacked even though you bumped into a bunch. After walking back to the Humvee, you handed Takashi the duffle bags and he loaded them into the vehicle.

Kohta: "How the hell can you do this?"

Saya: "Seriously. We are constantly in danger from those horrid things and have to be careful when we want to move or get something. But for you, you just do whatever you want and "They" ignore you."

"They do follow the sounds I make."

Kohta: "Yeah, but "They" don't respond even though you bump into them."

Rei: "Guys, stop harassing him."

Takashi: "This isn't something he expected to happen. It just did. Don't give him a hard time. Besides, he's had it rough like the rest of us."

Saeko: "Being alone with "them" is not a simple matter. Let's just search for another safe zone to rest at."

Kohta: "Okay."

Saya: "Whatever."

You returned to the Humvee and scouted out the roads for the safest route to drive.

Shizuka: "Good job getting all that food for us. We can eat well for a while now."

"Just did what you all asked me to do. That's all."

Shizuka: "Please don't be so down. You're important, just like everyone else."

"Sometimes I wonder why I have this power. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten it. I probably would be with my family.

Shizuka then hugged and smothered you.

"Ms. Marikawa?"

Shizuka: "You can call me Shizuka. Don't think that you deserve to die. I'm sure your family would want you to live."

"Still doesn't stop me from feeling otherwise, but I guess it is nice to finally be with people that I can trust. They could've left me for dead, but they didn't. I honestly feel a little warm when I'm around them."

Shizuka: "You're not alone anymore. We're with you."

"Thanks, I guess. I still wonder how I'm the only one that has this thing."

Shizuka: "Don't think of it as a burden. Think of it as a gift. I know things haven't really improved a lot, but have hope."

She released you from her hug and kissed you on the cheek. You blushed a little as you watched her head back to the Humvee.

"She is very childish for an adult, but she does care for others," you thought. "I'm kinda glad that they found me."

You hopped in the back of the Humvee as Shizuka drove away. The others discuss where to head next while you looked in the front.

Shizuka looked at the mirror and saw you watching and she smiled, causing you to blush again.

"This woman."