Chapter 3: Warmth

You, Takashi, and Kohta are going through a mall filled with "Them".

Kohta: "Man, why the fuck do we have to go through a mall and the girls stay a mile from here?"

Takashi: "Cause Y/N's 'gift' won't benefit an entire group. Or not yet at least. Besides, we're just grabbing some batteries and computer parts, then we'll get out before they can follow us."

You looked around until you saw an electronics store.

"I see the electronics store," you said. "Stay right behind me and don't make a sound."

Takashi and Kohta nodded and followed you.

"Move," you said to 'them'.

The infected victims moved out of the way just as you told them to. You and the two other men made your way to the electronics store and Takashi gently closed the door.

Kohta: "I still find it hard to believe we made it past those guys like they were nothing."

"Not nothing. They'll still be attracted to sound."

Takashi: "I'll grab the batteries. Kohta, grab any computer parts you can carry. Y/N, see if you can find any earpieces. It'll be easier to talk to the others without drawing too much attention."

You went around the store and saw multiple walkie-talkies and earpieces. You grabbed them and put them in a bag.

Takashi: "Okay, we got everything."

Kohta: "And there's a fire escape in this store. We're good."

"You guys go. I'll catch up."

Takashi: "You sure?"

Kohta: "Yeah, you sure you're okay with walking through 'them'?"

"I'm sure."

Takashi: "Stay safe."