Chapter 13: Movie Night

*ECHO'S POV*

"Holy shit. Nat tell me this isn't some sort of sick joke." Clint muttered with his hand hovering over his mouth in shock.

"I promise you it's the truth." she responded assuringly as he continued to stare, diverting his eyes between me and Mama.

"I mean I guess it explains the fact that you both look so similar." I heard Steve say from the corner of the couch.

"Buck how are you so calm right now?!" he continued, shooting a look of concern in Bucky's direction as he shrugged his shoulders back at him.

"You already told him didn't you Nat?" Tony asked, cocking his head in question as he faced her.

"Well what did you expect?"

"Honestly I don't really know what to expect right now Natasha, this is all extremely confusing."

"I'm happy to answer any questions you might have, I mean you all must have some right? This is probably the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me, so believe me when I say I want to make this seem the least confusing as possible." I chimed in, everyone turning to face me as I hovered just behind the couch, nervously picking at the frayed edges of the backboard.

Just as Tony went to ask the first question, a blinding and rather colourful beam of light shot its way through the window next to the couch, shattering the panes of glass causing everyone to jump backwards.

"Greetings my fellow teammates. I have returned from Asgard!"

"Yeah no shit Sherlock, look at the mess you've made!"

"My apologies Stark but I can't exactly choose where Heimdell directs me back to Earth!"

Tony simply raised his hand to run his fingers along the bridge of his nose as he sighed and turned with his back to the man who had just burst in through the window.

"Oh, and who is the child might I ask?"

"My name is Echo." I responded with my best impression of a friendly smile, still extremely confused at who this man was.

"Well it's nice to meet you Echo. And just how do you fit into this crazy group of misfits?"

"Echo's family.. she's my daughter." I heard Mama say as she stood close beside me.

I watched as his gaze turned from shock to confusion as he too stared at us both along with the rest of the team.

"Actually they were just going to explain before you decided to enter through that smashed window just there Thor." Tony snarked.

"Hold on, you're Thor, like the god of thunder?"

"That's exactly right child!" he yelled, grinning from ear to ear.

"Why don't we all sit down and give them a chance to explain what's going on?" Banner suggested, everyone now motioning to sit on the sofas as I sat next to Mama on the armchair of her seat.

Over the next half an hour or so I tried my hardest to answer everyone's questions, to try and make the situation make as much sense as possible:

"So you're Russian right, the accent?"

"Yep I was born in Russia, well I guess I now know in The Red Room which was stationed in Russia at the time. But I couldn't tell you where we were moved around to, so I'm not sure where I have and haven't been honestly.