Chapter 15: Use Your Mind

*ECHO'S POV*

"Okay mini Romanoff, ready to test your new abilities?"

The nickname 'mini Romanoff' was something Stark had thought up just this morning, but by the sounds of it and the grin every time he said it, the name clearly wasn't going away anytime soon.

"Sure, just as long as Bucky doesn't break my arm this time?" I sighed in response.

I half-glanced over to where Bucky was sparring, now holding his hands to his side as he stared awkwardly into the distance, Mama knocking gently against his shoulder as she laughed at him jokingly.

"You said before that you have elemental control, what does that actually entail?" Stark questioned.

"Honestly it's quite new to me so I'm not too sure. But I know can control the flow of wind which means I can move objects and sometimes people."

"Why don't we start out with some small objects for now." he suggested, directing me towards a nearby table scattered randomly with various items.

"You see that fork," he asked as I nodded in confirmation, "try and move it."

"You want me to move the tiny fork, that's it?"

"Hey kid you said yourself you have little to no control over your 'powers' so I'm starting you off with something small."

"Okay then." I shrugged as I turned my attention towards the fork set down neatly on the tablecloth.

Raising my hand slightly from my side I curled my forefinger back towards my palm, simultaneously twisting my hand to face my palm to the ceiling. As I did so the fork I held in my gaze moved up following the movement of my hand, as I glanced towards Stark for his approval. He was clearly correct to start me off with small objects, as when I turned to face him my hand moved with the rest of my body, causing the fork under my control to shoot across the room into the far corner. Everyone gasped as the fork shot an inch into the wall, dropping to the floor as I released my grip in shock.

"So the movement of your hand controls the movement of the object you're trying to move, fascinating."

"That's like my powers." I heard a voice usher from across the room.

I turned to follow the sound, noticing Wanda seated idly on a nearby chair. She shifted off her seat as she moved towards me and Stark, moving her fingers in a fluid motion, lifting the fork up from the ground so effortlessly and placing it swiftly back to its original place on the table.

"I'd be happy to help you get a better control of it, I'm pretty sure I'll understand more than Stark." she offered, cocking her head in Stark's direction almost for approval.

"Be my guest!" he responded hastily as he moved to sit on the ledge of the boxing ring close by.

"Do you think about it in your mind before you move your hands?" she asked me gently, a slight accent coating her voice as she spoke to me.

"Not really no, I just look at what I want to move and then it moves along with my hand."

"Have you ever tried moving anything without using your hands?"

"I didn't think that was possible."

"Anything is possible Echo if you put your mind to it. Your powers, you mentioned before you got them from contact with some sort of stone, it would've been the mind stone, just like me."

"You were experimented on too?"

"Much like you I was an experiment for Hydra, although I offered myself up so it's a little different to you."