Trust

The day of Liberation on Ryloth....

Hallo Cohl was speed walking after his master. "Master!" Mace Windu turned around sharply.

"What is it, young one?"

He frowned, knowing he most likely was going to get shut down, again. "Master, I happened to notice you were departing without me."

Mace sighed, he was starting to regret accepting as Padawan. After Billiba, he didn't want another, but Yoda insisted. "You are not going. I've made my decision and it's final. You are undertrained, overconfident, and brash."

"Master! Please trust me!" He pleaded.

"You have not shown me any reason to do so."

"You never give me the opportunity! Master Skywalker always trust his Padawans! Yet you never give me an ounce of trust! I train as you say, I've been practicing my forms. What do I need to do to prove myself?"

Mace looked down at his Padawan. He knew he had some grounds to stand on. Mace never truly did give him a chance to earn his trust. He use to believe getting experience was more valuable than temple life and studies, but when he taught his former Padawan Vaapad, he almost failed her. "The next mission you will be invited." He sighed, trying to compromise.

"Pardon me, Master, but I need this experience! I'll fall behind! You only have taken me on one mission!" Hallo tried to cover the frustration coating his voice.

Anakin Skywalker and his two Padawans walked by. Ahsoka Tano and Liyah Aviss walked ahead to the docks while Anakin approached them.

"He's right Master." Anakin crossed his arms, sympathizing with the padawan. Ahsoka and Liyah had told him about the boy, he reminded him of himself. Obi-Wan was heavily strict with him, he couldn't imagine being Mace's Padawan.

"Hmmm." Mace hummed, taking Anakin's words into slight account. Hallo looked back and forth from the two masters, waiting for a conclusion.

"You need to learn to trust him," He looked towards Mace, "And you, need to trust his judgment." He looked towards Hallo.

"I suppose...this mission needs more hands on deck. You're coming, give me a reason to doubt you and you've lost my trust."

Anakin stepped away quietly, letting the stern Master and Apprentice speak amongst themselves.

"Thank you, Master. I know I've disappointed you, but that ends now." He bowed.

Mace smiled and bowed back, "I have faith it will."

"Indeed, much needed,trust is." Master Yoda walked pasted with his cane.