The Council of Jakku

3 months after the liberation of Jakku under the Hutts and the short lived reign of Creon......

The council of Jakku, founded by Jado had an emergency meeting about the future of the planet. Jakku, while in Republic territory, was not seen as a part of the Republic.

"As representative of the Twi'leks we don't trust the Republic with insuring the safety of our race! They're looped in with The Hutts, who exploited our people for slavery!" Ismene shouted.

"Meesa agree. Also theysa war has notta comen to Jakku." Gribbi Ro, the representative of the Gungans spoke.

"I understand that.." Jado sighed, "But for our planet's development we need to assume a side. War always comes to neutral planets."

Ralle Krill, treasurer, spoke. "This will also give us economic stimulation when we need it most."

"No, joining the Republic will cause war to come to us. And who is to say they will accept us, or even give us a seat on the Senate?" Ismene, irritated about this drawn out debate stood up from her seat. "Jado, I respect you, and you are a brother to me, but I won't support this."

The room fell quiet. Jado and Ismene, both major leaders in the revolution of Jakku were disagreeing. The council members felt there was already a force breaking their newly born government.

"I'm calling for a rotation-long recess. Who seconds?" Jado asked. Ismene raised her hand. "Simple Majority vote needed."

They all raised their hands unanimously, leaving the newly built council chambers, and going about their days.

"Can we work something out?" Jado approached Ismene on the way out. She shook her head, strong on her beliefs and walked away.

"It's a 50/50 split." Jado told Tybalt. "We need to join the Republic, or at least try to. Without the imports of the Hutts, or the funds, we can't even maintain our own planet."

"You need someone who is in the Republic to convince everyone." Tybalt said.

Jado nodded, knowing this was probably his only way of breaking the 50/50 split in the council. He had just the idea who could be their spokesperson.

"Hello everyone." He entered the council chambers. "I have someone who represents the Republic, and is familiar with the situation on Jakku." He placed a holodisc down, a projection appeared.

"Hello everyone, I am Padawan Learner, Liyah Aviss. Some of you may recognize me, I was born on Jakku before I was raised as a Jedi." She pulled up a scan of the Galaxy.

"There are over 1 million planets in the Republics jurisdiction. With a seat on the galactic Senate, you can assure yourself humanitarian relief, justice, and protection against foreign powers."

"On Jakku, we have never experienced this galactic war. How can you assure it won't come to us?" Ismene asked.

Liyah frowned slightly, "I cannot. Just like I cannot assure you that the Separatist won't come to this planet and invade. But if you joined the Republic, you'd have entire Systems backing you."

The council whispered amongst themselves, many nodding in approval. Jado could see the members start to sway to the side favoring the Republic.

He looked at Liyah with an intense feeling of admiration for her. She smiled back at him as the council members spoke.

"I'd say we have one final vote on the issue." Mon Koly, the Abednedo representative suggested.

"I second that." Jado smirked, looking at Ismene, who watched as members left her stance.

"Is it possible for you to stay and observe the vote?" Jado spoke to the holographic Liyah.

"Yes, I can observe for a while longer."

"All in favor of joining the Republic, raise you hand, all in favor of staying neutral keep them down."

Within moments, 15 out of the 22 members raised their hands. "Then we have it," Jado looked at Liyah once more, "Well be joining the Republic...soon."

Liyah looked at him carefully, waiting for an explanation to the short delay he was going to present.

"We need to prove that Jakku is sovereign, not some back water planet with a bunch of ex-slaves. We need to grant amnesty, create a census, and instill a police force."

Liyah agreed with his plans. They would definitely give the Senate more of a reason to let the Planet in.

"Thank you Liyah, I give you my most humble thanks." Jado smiled.

"You're most very welcome, Jado."