Chapter 39

Just a little pathetic ask: 

Can you please follow me so I can tick off one goal for this year? I know it sounds pathetic but if you could get me to 100 before the 1st. I will be so appreciative.

*

"I- I just don't understand Mikahil."

Morning visited them, blessing them both with another day together.

He gulped, closing his eyes. "I don't know how to explain."

She groaned in utter frustration, turning away from him.

They sat on opposite sides of the bed, their backs facing each other.

"Mikhail." He turned to look at her, yet she didn't spare him a glance.

"A woman asked me what sort of love you had for me if you decided to pack your bags and run. I too am beginning to question it." She had walked over to him, standing before the man she thought was her everything.

She pulled his chin up with her finger and looked into his eyes.

"What are you using me for, Mikhail Romanov?" He flinched upon hearing the name that had yet to haunt him for all of eternity.

"Am I a money-making cow? Am I your breeder to carry murderer blood on? Or am I a threat that you want to contain?"

"Alayna." He whispered, speechless with all the accusations thrown his way.

"What's wrong? Cat got your tongue? Have I figured out your game? Disappointed you didn't get to play with me for a bit longer." Her words felt bitter to him. To her, it had been an expected phenomenon.

"Alayna. I'm sorry, I love you so much."

"No Mikhail. No. Do you think I'm some sort of fucking idiot? Did you think you were able to keep playing me? Fucking me around? Let me remind you who I am. I am Alayna Khan, daughter of Ayla, before I am your wife. Remember that I might be everything to you, but you are just a man to me."

She slammed the door shut with immense force.

What was she supposed to do?

He was giving her lame excuses. She wanted to scream and bang her head against the wall. She wanted to cuss and curse until her throat ran dry.

Why did she go back? Everything was fine here. She was happy.

Why was her happiness forever short-lived? Why did she look for the bad in the good times?

Her legs were grabbed, nearly making her drop to the floor. Only for a giggle to soothe her panicked heart.

"Momma! I love you." He squealed. She smiled, her heart full of love she never knew she could have.

"Today is Mumma and Cihan's day. Just me and you the entire day." She told him, kneeling down and pulling him into her arms.

That was what the day consisted of laughs, love and adventure. They explored places they had never been to before, ate the foods they forever loved as their bond as mother and son grew that bit stronger.

Now, at the end of their exhausting day they sat on swings. With their last bouts of energy, she swung themselves, competing to see who would come closer to the sky.

As the last of their energy sizzled out, their swings slowed down substantially.

"Mum I missed you sooo much." The energetic boy stretched his arms as much as possible.