Chapter 8

I’m absolutely baffled right now… this book was not supposed to be this popular! I’m just a simple man writing a story for a show that’s really old. But you guys insist on making it popular, I mean, how in the name of Thor did this book get over 2K reads? Am I really that good at writing? Either way, thank y’all so much! It means a lot that people are enjoying my book this much. With that out of the way, on to the rest of the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person POV:

It had been a couple of days since Y/N and Spine made it to the nest. Y/N was able to reunite with Valka and Spark, and remember most of the stuff they had forgotten about. They also had to deal with multiple problems that had occurred in the nest, being that they were the Alpha, meaning they had to deal with things just like the King did. It was about mid-day, and Y/N, Spine and Spark were laying with each other, huddled in a group for warmth in the ice caverns. Y/N was the first to wake up to the smell of fish. They opened their eyes to see Valka sitting next to them with a basket of fish, waiting for them to wake up. Y/N groaned and slowly got up, with Spine still being in a little ball, fast asleep. Spark woke up as well and moved so that Y/N could get up. Valka got up and spilled the basket of fish in front of them, greeting them along with it.

Valka: Good morning you sleepy heads, I brought breakfast for you guys, some Icelandic Cod, a bit of Salmon, and a Smoked Eel.

Hearing the word Eel, Spark backed away from the pile of fish, while Y/N simply stuck their head in, grabbed the eel and swallowed it whole, surprising Spark.

Spark: Y/N! Why did you eat the eel!? Aren’t they poisonous to us?

Y/N: To you guys, yeah, but they don’t affect me, I never found out why that is.

Y/N looked over at Valka, who shook her head at them.

Valka: I still don’t know myself, not a single other dragon is immune to their effects like you are.

Y/N: Oh well, more for me!

Y/N went back to eating, as well as grabbing a few for Spine to eat when he woke up. As they were eating, Valka looked at Y/N and asked them a question that they knew was coming.

Valka: So, when are you going to leave? As much as I want you to stay, I know you want to get back to your flock.

Y/N: I was thinking of leaving today, let Spine sleep for a while longer then leave.

Spark: Wait, you’re leaving? I thought you were staying since you got back.

Y/N: I’m sorry Spark, I really am, but I have a flock to get back too, and Spine is not really made for these temperatures. I promise I’ll come back, but I need you to stay here and take care of Valka, ok?

Spark: Ok, I understand. I’ll do my best to take care of Valka for you, I promise.

Valka: You know I don’t need protection, right?

Y/N: I know, but I feel safer knowing that you have someone watching over you along with Cloud.

Spine eventually woke up and Y/N fed him. They said their goodbyes and were getting ready for the flight back to the Edge. as they were about to leave, Valka walked up next to them, with a concerned look on her face.

Valka: It looks like there is going to be a nasty storm in a little while, are you sure you will be safe flying back?

Y/N: Valka, you know why I’m called the Lighting Fury right? We will be fine, don’t worry.