Hair dye

We are finally home! I liked being in Paris but I like my house a whole lot better. I looked in the mirror of the bathroom at my roots. I don't want to get them touched up again. I've always been forced to dye my hair by Alex and my father.

James does not know that my hair is naturally brown. It's the only feature I didn't get from my mother. Her blonde hair. I've gotten so used to my blonde hair that I don't want to go back natural but I think I'm gong to go with Amelia to her hair appointment today.

She has her natural hair color but she gets her greys touched up. I walked downstairs and seen Ana with Ansley asleep in the couch and I smiled. She is gonna take Ansley to Aiden's today. I would be lying if I said I want a little nervous but there is going to be bodyguards so it'll be fine. I think.

I seen Amelia walking in the door. She just got back from lunch with mark. "Amelia? Could I come to your hair appointment with you today?" I asked her and she smiled. "Ooooo are we dying it?" She asks me and I nodded.

"I want to go back natural." I said and she looked at me like I was dumb. "Ok sweetie I think you need a nap." I shook my head. "No my hair isn't blonde." I said and she raised her brows.

"How did you hide your roots?" She asked and I shrugged. "I did them at night. I didn't want james to know I wasn't a natural blonde so I was hiding it. Now I know he couldn't care less if I was bald or not so I'm just goof to go back to my brown and trim it a bit." I said and she nodded.

My hair was almost to the middle of my thighs now. It grows crazy fast and it's so thick. I love my long hair so I think I'm just going to do above my butt. "Well are you ready I need to be leaving now." She said and I nodded. "Yeah let's go."

We got in the car and chatted. "How is your mom doing?" She asked me and I shrugged. "She is good she is gong to come over this weekend and stuff. How about you? How have you been?" I asked her and she sighed.

"Bad." She answered honestly. "You don't have to talk about it." I said and she shook her head. "My therapist said I need to tell people that I love and trust what I'm going through." I nodded.

"I wasn't handling Mark basically firing me from my job well and it made me so worried that I would get panic attacks when he got called out for a mission or I would scream at him or just cry. My bipolar disorder is horrible." She said and I stayed quiet.

"I still haven't felt better after everything with Ana and I haven't been on my medications because I haven't needed them. I got back on them for the time being to help me but it's not really working."

"Then when mark told me he might have to leave again it was the last straw. I just shut down for a couple of days until I knew that james was going to go instead. I'm just glad I didn't have to go back to the hospital." She shuttered.

"James told me about that but he wouldn't tell me why but I would never pry on something so private so I just let it go."  She nodded. "Yeah, it was hard finding out that I really couldn't have children because of his father. The way he made sure of it was terrible and I won't go into detail but he just said I wasn't worthy enough for a real surgery to prevent child bearing." I kept quiet.

"I'm glad I finally told someone besides Mark this information." She let out and I smiled. "I'm glad you trusted me enough to share this with me."

We just talked about random things until we got to the hair parlor and I told the woman to match my roots and she did a perfect job. She cut my hair shorter than I wanted. It was about 3 inches above my butt so it wasn't that bad.

I was ready to get home and see what james thinks of it. The brown made my blue eyes stand out even more and my skin looked tanner. My teeth ever looked whiter. I need to get them bleached again the coffee stains aren't making my teeth yellow but they weren't paper white either.

"We should go to the spa." Amelia suggested. "Yesss, I want to get waxed and I want my teeth bleached." I said and she nodded. "Sounds like a plan."

We pulled up to the spa that we usually go to and walked in. I talked to Amelia throughout the whole massage but when I was about to get waxed I was nervous.

I've done this hundreds of times before but I always get nervous. I felt the hot wax gather between my thighs and I bit my lip. When the woman yanked the strip I let out a grunt and I almost died. Amelia laughed at me and didn't even flinch when they yanked the was off of her. I just rolled my eyes at her.

When we were done I felt like a new person. We went to grab some dinner but we went to a soup house because she knows I don't really like to eat real food without james. It may sound childish but I don't really care.

I just got chives and mushrooms in my soup but Amelia bit a noodle soup and we ate in silence. It was really good and we got done rather quickly so she payed and we headed out.

When we got back to the house I grabbed my baby and she immediately pulled my hair. I winced and pulled my hair out of her fist. "That hurt baby, we don't pull hair." I said and I know my almost 7 month old daughter does not understand me but it's fine.

I didn't see james and it was already 8 so I rocked Ansley to sleep and put her in bed before I ran to our room and put on some white lingerie with a black robe over it.

When I heard the door open I turned my head and james jaw dropped and I smiled. "Your hair is...different." He said and I smiled. "Do you like it?" I asked and he shook his head. "No." I don't think I would care that much but- "I love it." James cut me off. "It fits you so much better." He said and I grinned.

"It's short." He said and I rolled my eyes. It's not short it's well past the middle of my back only a couple inches above my butt. "I have another surprise for you." I said as I pushed off of his chest and walked back a few feet.

I undid my robe and let it fall to the ground. "Surprise." I whispered.