004

Amidst a lush forest, tall trees swayed gracefully in the wind as two girls found themselves in a tight spot. One of them was bawling her eyes out, holding the other girl close as her life depended on it.

"Mistress, please wake up!" sobbed Dong'er, shaking her mistress, Chen Meng Mei's body (which is now occupied by Qiang Xin Yi's soul), who looked like a sleeping beauty amidst the colorful autumn leaves.

And just like magic, Xin Yi's beautiful eyes fluttered open as if the sun itself had blessed her. She seemed like some divine being, all radiant and ethereal. "Dong'er..." she said, her voice calm and soothing. Dong'er quickly replied, "Yes, Mistress?"

For a moment, there was silence, but then Xin Yi's eyes opened again, this time with a newfound grit. She declared, "We need to leave this place immediately!" Dong'er didn't need to be told twice. She helped her mistress up, knowing full well that something bad was headed their way.

Somewhere in the distance, they could hear the ominous sounds of heavy footsteps and rocks crashing. It was a gang of ruthless bandits from Xu Mountain, and they were hot on their trail. The two girls ran for their lives, their hearts pounding as loud as the approaching danger.

But no matter how hard they tried, the relentless bandits were gaining ground. These guys were like giants with legs of steel, and they were armed to the teeth. It was like they were about to face a horde of wild beasts, and all they had was each other.

"Young ladies, you really know how to make us work up a sweat. We've been chasing you for miles, and it's got us all grumpy and irritated. Makes us wanna do some naughty stuff with these hands of ours," sneered Biāo Jié, the leader of the bandits. His cronies chuckled sinisterly, reveling in the fear they were instilling.

Dong'er's legs trembled like leaves in the wind, fear gripping her like a helpless bunny surrounded by hungry wolves. But her Lady stood her ground with remarkable courage.

She stepped forward, shielding Dong'er behind her, and unleashed a fiery retort. "You ugly men! Just because you're strong, you think you can bully others. Aren't you afraid of the authorities? They'll make you pay for your barbaric acts against the people of the Li Dynasty!"

The man's grin only widened, his laughter echoing through the forest, soon joined by the boisterous cackles of his comrades. "Haha, did you hear that, boys? The young miss here thinks she can threaten us with the authorities. We are the infamous Fierce Tigers, feared even by the guards who act all brave during the day but tremble like scared children when they face us. We rule these lands, and we don't give a damn about any rules or laws set by weaklings," he boasted.

The bandits, also known as the Fierce Tigers of Xu Mountain, closed in on the girls, forming a menacing circle around them. Qiang Xin Yi maintained her brave facade, but it was evident that the odds were stacked against them. The men before her exuded power and dominance, making her brave front seem futile.

"Stay back! Don't come any closer!" she shouted, her fists clenched as if she could fend off the burly men with her bare hands. But deep down, she knew her strength was nothing compared to theirs. The Fierce Tigers jeered, finding amusement in the girls' fear.

Amidst the mocking laughter, Biāo Jié gave Qiang Xin Yi a sly wink, as if there were hidden intentions behind their actions besides looting her. It was as though he was saying, "Aren't we putting on a good show?" 

But to Qiang Xin Yi, at that moment, he was nothing more than a lewd man relishing in the torment of his victims. In a burst of defiance, she mustered all her courage and delivered a swift kick to Biāo Jié's jewel, causing him to scream out in pain.

As their leader, Biāo Jié, writhed in pain, the assertive members of the notorious Fierce Tigers sprang into action, determined to exert their dominance over the two girls.

The girls soon found themselves entangled in the firm grip of the burly men, their struggles proving futile against their overwhelming strength. Helplessly, they watched as Biāo Jié's anger escalated, his hand poised menacingly, ready to deliver a devastating blow.

Fear and desperation surged through Qiang Xinyi as she braced herself for the impending torment that was about to be unleashed upon her. However, just when the tension reached its peak, an unexpected and elegant disruption shattered the tense atmosphere. 

The piercing sound of an arrow slicing through the air echoed around them, catching everyone off guard. The projectile found its mark with remarkable precision, embedding itself firmly in a nearby tree, mere inches from the group of Fierce Tigers. 

The bandits all froze in shock and fear, their eyes fixated on the arrow. The sound of approaching hooves echoed through the forest, and soon the Fierce Tigers found themselves surrounded by men dressed in the garb of Imperial Guards. 

The atmosphere shifted, the bandits' bravado crumbling in the face of this new formidable force. They stood still, their eyes darting between the Imperial Guards, their hands gripping their weapons tightly.