005

Qiang Xin Yi found herself unable to suppress a smile, a sense of astonishment washed over her, as she observed the scene unfolding before her. 

In a predictable romance novel like Captivating the Prime Minister's Heart, she had stepped in, there would really be some scenes where a damsel in distress would be rescued by a dashing hero on horseback. 

But Qiang Xin Yi was the supposed villain in this tale, and the rescue plot revolved solely around the female lead. So what is happening here? Well, the girl knew better the cunning schemes of Chen Meng Mei that had set these events in motion.

Just as expected, a man clad in an elegant hunting red robe, adorned with impeccable embroidery, rode forth on a majestic steed. His presence commanded authority, surpassing even that of the Imperial Guard. 

With a voice that exuded power, he inquired, "What is happening here?" This was the perfect cue for Qiang Xin Yi to make her move.

With a carefully crafted pitiful expression, she struggled to break free from the hold of the Fierce Tigers. "Your Highness! Huhuhuhu, these ugly men are scaring the two of us. They won't stop running after Meimei, huhuhuhu. Save us, your Highness," she cried, playing the role of a weak and helpless woman, hoping to invoke his sympathy.

Xin Yi believed that the Sixth Prince would surely take pity on her. But the Prince didn't show any reaction like she expected, either compassion or disdain, nothing just a blank face.

Realizing that begging the man while the men of Fierce Tigers have her entrapped isn't enough, Xin Yi decided to take a different approach. Kneeling before the prince, she implored, "Your Royal Highness, please seek justice for Meimei. These bandits are causing chaos, and I swear I have done nothing wrong to them."

Her words were carefully chosen, aiming to evoke a sense of innocence and virtue, hoping that the prince would take an interest in her plea. As Qiang Xin Yi knelt before the Sixth Prince, she could feel his penetrating gaze upon her. She dared not look directly into his eyes, for fear that he might see through her facade. 

Still, she pressed on, determined to play her part convincingly. The Sixth Prince, Li Yi Cheng, observed Qiang Xin Yi's theatrics with an unimpressed expression. He dismounted from his steed gracefully, landing on the ground with a composed demeanor. The Fierce Tigers tightened their grip on Qiang Xin Yi, as they too sensed the prince's indifference.

Biāo Jié's eyes locked onto Qiang Xinyi, trying to communicate silently as if asking, "What should we do now?" However, she quickly averted her gaze to avoid arousing any suspicion, as Li Yi Cheng's penetrating eyes were fixated on her. 

Feeling cornered, Biāo Jié couldn't hold back and snapped, "My actions are none of your damn business!" He attempted to strike the Sixth Prince with a punch, but his efforts were thwarted as the Prince swiftly countered with a powerful kick to his face, causing him to stumble.

Seeing their leader in pain, the members of the Fierce Tigers were enraged and released Dong'er and Qiang Xin Yi. They charged at the Prince intending to attack him. Sensing the impending danger, the Imperial Guards sprang into action, positioning themselves as a shield to protect the Prince. 

However, to everyone's surprise, the Prince motioned with his hand, indicating that there was no need for their protection. Instead, he relaxed and calmly awaited the Fierce Tigers' attack. It was apparent that the Imperial Guards were under strict orders not to interfere, allowing the confrontation to unfurl.

Qiang Xin Yi remained kneeling, refusing Dong'er's offer to help her rise. She wanted the Prince to offer assistance, wanting to maintain the facade of a pitiful and weak woman victimized by evil men. Her gaze remained fixed on the Prince, her heart pounding loudly in her ears. 

Filled with frustration and rage, the Fierce Tigers took matters into their own hands and charged at Li Yi Cheng, brandishing their weapons and displaying fierce expressions.

In response, the Prince let out a sigh, seemingly bored by the whole situation. He nonchalantly drew his sword, which glistened in the warm autumn sunlight, showcasing an impressive level of swordsmanship that demanded respect. 

With calculated and effortless moves, he parried the Fierce Tigers' attacks, leaving them bewildered and completely outmatched.

As the battle raged on, it became increasingly apparent that Li Yi Cheng's swordsmanship was on a whole different level. His movements were fluid and precise, and he effortlessly evaded every attack with ease. 

The Fierce Tigers, who had entered the battle fueled by anger and frustration, quickly found their spirits dwindling as they faced the prince's unmatched skill. Beads of sweat formed on their foreheads, contrasting with the composed and unruffled demeanor of Li Yi Cheng.

With each swing of his sword, the Fierce Tigers' confidence waned, and they eventually realized they were outmatched. 

Their once fierce expressions turned into looks of defeat, and in a hasty retreat, they scattered like startled animals, leaving the prince standing tall and unscathed.